Sypder 4 pro error

Cindy

Brian I am so glad you are still around... we've shared much information over the past years.   Here's my question.   I am running a Windows 7 pro,  (I have two systems both have the same monitor) U2414H and I had to replace the hard drive just recently in my precision tower 3420 with a video card of Nvidia K620.   Well, it calibrates just fine.   It's fine all day when I wake it up after two hours... it's when it sleeps 4 hours or goes into hibernation that I get a "gamma tracker.cpp 636 1248 (0x4eo)" with no okay box to check.   The calibration remains as I can click it on and off.    I have done all that I have been able to find via searches.   Reinstalling my monitor, drivers, etc, going directly to the Nvidia site to get my video card drivers, you name it.   And it just won't go away.   I left a ticket with Sypder / Data color but, we both know that may be a week at best before I hear from them.   I tried all their work arounds and fixes also.   Nothing is working and thought maybe you had a little cell in that amazing head of yours that would know what to do.   
THANK YOU!!!!! 

https://support.datacolor.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1033/40/error-1248

I tried this also

Edited by Cindy

Try turning off hibernation. Personally, I would rather have a display blank out after so many minutes and use sleep instead of hibernation. Things can get wacky with hibernation and I've never seen it work well on a desktop. This website has basic instructions, but they really should have swapped step 2 and 1. Start with the second part, then do the first part:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/windows-delete-hibernation-file-hiberfil-sys/ 

• Like 1

Thank you Brian!!!!  Will so far this morning it didn't give me the error.   It is something in hibernation that kicks the calibration out.   So I will turn that off also.   Thank you for your time and help!!!

• Like 1

Yes, it’s hibernation that is kicking out the calibrated profile. Hibernation creates a snapshot of what’s running on your computer and puts it into a big file. The idea is if you lose power, the hibernation file will reload and you will have a better chance of recovering on where you left off / lost power. The problem is, it’s not fool-proof and doesn’t always get everything, like monitor profiles. Especially if your monitor is listed as “Generic” in the Device Manager, well at least in my experience. 

Honestly, it would be better to turn off hibernation, delete the hibernation file to recover disk space and purchase a APC UPS (Surge Protector with a Battery) than to use hibernation. 

Makes total sense.  I have surge protection and battery backup.     I had a problem changing the monitor from a generic PNP to the right one.  The driver didn't want to stay.   Got that squared away and then was receiving the error.   I uninstalled Spyder 4 times and did all I could think.   Went back in and chose the monitor and recalibrated yesterday morning and after taking if off Hibernation via the same path you posted and it stayed yesterday and this morning.   So I think that it may be resolved.   
Datacolor wasn't very helpful as I told them that I had uninstalled it rebooted removed all the datacolor files, rebooted and  installed again and they suggested  I reinstall it.  LOL   But, they did give me a coupon code for 25% off a new Spyder.    Which I may just do.   This one is working fine but it is old.   I am sure that updating it wouldn't hurt.   Something I may revisit in the fall.   

Yeah, with the newer monitors and operating systems, it's better to have a newer calibration device. I'm currently using a ColorMunki on my new iMac, and I'm....meh...about what I'm seeing after calibration. (The new iMacs now have a wide-gamut screen.)  I know there will be a new OS in the fall and X-Rite is doing a complete refresh of their calibration software (to make it 64-bit) so I might just wait.

Hey @Damien Symonds, I'm wondering if "monitor profiles not sticking" threads are due to hibernation issues? Maybe we should start by recommending turning hibernation off first? Before dorking around with profiles and un-installing / re-installing?

I believe you are spot on Brian.   And I will wait until fall then also.    If you could please post when the new devices are launched via the facebook page and here as a reminder to all of us.   That would be wonderful.   
I believe it's all the updates (Windows 7 here (since I can't or it's a bazaar work around to network 7 with a 10) that is why I stayed with 7.    Plus as I get older I am not one for change... LOL   I like my 7. 
In 7 though I noticed that there is hibernation and hybrid sleep.   My hybrid sleep is set to on.    Should this be off also?   I am really probably overthinking some of this.  But I am the person that needs to  know who, what, where and when.   As  you already know.   

Turn OFF all the hybrid sleeps. Hell, keep your computer running and just have it turn off the display.

18 hours ago, Cindy said:

I can't or it's a bazaar work around to network 7 with a 10)

I don't understand this statement? I network Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers all the time. It's better to have the Windows "Pro" editions if you want to network things, but you should be able to setup a simple Workgroup network, thought that kind of thing I don't support around here.

Really??????   I was told no and I found information stating there was only a work around.    Thank goodness we all have you Brian.   Shows you can't always trust what you read.   That is a relief to me in the event that one of these goes down.   THANK YOU!!!!

Having two computers on the same network segment / subnet is required. So both have to be on 192.168.xx.xx or 10.xx.xx.xx with a Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0 (For a simple home network.) I'd match this up with your router IP scheme. It's going to start with 192 or 10. Your "Workgroup" name can be anything, but I'd leave it at the default, which is "Workgroup" for both. Then it's just a matter of sharing out folders and giving permissions on said folders.

Example:
Gateway / Your Router: 192.168.1.1

Computer A - Static IP address (Instead of Auto)
IP: 192.168.1.10
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS:
Leave this set to automatically obtain

Computer B - Static IP address (Instead of Auto)
IP: 192.168.1.20
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS:
Leave this set to automatically obtain

Then pick a folder to share out. We can call this folder "Transfer." For simplicity's sake, leave the "Everyone" Permissions intact. Then all you do is create a shortcut with the following path:

Computer A's Folder \\192.168.1.10\Transfer. This is why it's important to have a static IP, it keeps things simple. Otherwise you'll have to use the computer's name to get to the folder and sometimes those names can be a bit of a pain to type each time.

• Like 1