Fair expectations from D750 about noise below ISO 6400

rahullele

Just now, Brian said:

ou need to know lighting ratios, lighting methods, how the inverse square law plays a role. How the whole Aperture to Flash relationship works along with the Shutter Speed and how it relates to ambient light. Plus, how lighting modifiers work, which modifiers to use, what size modifier do you need and when, how they affect the light falling on your subject how they eat light and how to compensate for that, etc.

Now before someone starts thinking or saying, "I don't use any of that." You actually do...you just don't know it. I have a friend who I shoot weddings with. She couldn't tell you what she was doing or why something works vs. something else. To her it's, "I'll put my light here, use this thingy and put the power to ______." How did she get there? Lots and lots of practice. This is very similar to how a musician can play by ear, but not know a damn bit of music theory. To that person, the music just "sounds good." So my point to this comment is to not get inside your head with all this technical mumbo-jumbo. There is a balance between Art and Craft. The Mumbo-Jumbo and flash power and gear and equipment is CRAFT, not Art. :) 

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2018 at 11:09 PM, Brian said:

if you want to add something to your pile, it would be a hand-held meter 

I rented Sekonic L308s. I did not ask for specific model, they just gave me this one. I found it to be hit and miss (In some cases it just did not give me reading even though flash was going off.) I'll specifically ask L-358 this time. But i was able to set 2:1. 

That is a one-stop difference or a 2:1 Lighting Ratio.

Yes. I metered light and tried to get 2:1 ratio for this shoot. 

If you are serious about taking a sharp portrait, a tripod is in order.

Already have one. You helped me with it. Thanks for that again.