Glary01

Jump to next slide >>

Tutorial: Glary Utilities

In this micro-class I’ll show you how to run the “Glary Utilities” program on your Windows computer.  It's an easy, reliable, free way to keep your PC free of clutter and running to the best of its capacity.  I've been using it for many years and it has never let me down.

Please feel free to comment beneath each slide if you need help or further information:

reply.png.c9ce657a7385abea2f34a77d99efad6d.png

When you post a question I’ll receive a notification, and I’ll answer you as promptly as I can.

Why regular cleanups are necessary

Computers accumulate clutter every day.  Every file you open, every web page you visit, leaves a small trace deep in the guts of your operating system.  Ironically, these are referred to as "Temporary Files" ... but they're only temporary in the sense that your system needs to use them only briefly.  The truth is, once they're on your computer many of them sit there forever, just idly taking up space.  Permanently!  So we need a program that can get rid of them.

There are many such programs.  And they all do a great job.  I'm not promoting Glary as the best one.  It's just the one I'm most familiar with; and it's helped me a lot over the years, so I'd like to show you how it can help you too. I am not affiliated with the Glarysoft company in any way.

Removing temporary files is only one aspect of good computer maintenance; and while I'm confident that Glary Utilities will help your computer run smoothly, it certainly won't make your computer bulletproof.  Lots of things can go wrong with PCs at any time.  So remember to post in Ask Brian if you are having major computer problems.

Downloading it >>

• Thanks 1

I will run this tonight if I am not going to crash,  C has to have pics tonight to get order in for  grad announcements.  Just going to do what I can figure out and move on. :( 

Thanks for all your help and i'll let you know how it goes.