Brush customization

I am making a brush and I can't seem to find anything via searches or help.   What I want is the brush / font to be able to change colors but NOT the graphics within the brush.   Is there a way? 
image.thumb.png.74c786fc1f3a21c97d48ad21e284bbbe.png

I want the words to change but not the foliage.   I've looked everywhere to find an answer and I can't find one.   When you look up word art brushes they are not multicolored.   I just thought I could do some unique and I have blasted my head against the wall for 2 days trying to get it to work.  

No the layer name is e47 desaturated NOT copy... copy is turned off.   
I truly don't know how people will use it but for the most part I agree with the above variety of photos or backgrounds.   Kind of like a watermark but they are referred to as "word art brushes".  

Edited by Cindy

I can send you the file if you like.   The Fonts won't stay fixed as some are licensed.    I just know there has to be a way of doing it.   Or at least I would think there is.  

7 minutes ago, Cindy said:

No the layer name is e47 desaturated NOT copy... copy is turned off. 

Oh, sorry, my bad.  Yes, that's what I meant.

7 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I truly don't know how people will use it but for the most part I agree with the above variety of photos or backgrounds.   Kind of like a watermark but they are referred to as "word art brushes". 

Oh, gee.  I thought it was for your own use.

If it's for other people's use, I don't know how to advise you, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I just know there has to be a way of doing it.

What evidence do you have of this?  Have you seen it done?

I don't understand "if it's for other people's use"?   I will pay you ... if there is a way.   Not mass marketed trust me.   I was going to give them to a couple of other photographers is all.   I just know with the technology and all I would have thought there has to be a way.   

And no I have no evidence.    All my searches turn up with solid colors.   I wanted to be different.   

Look, I can tell you how to do it.  But you'd need to write up my instructions in a very pretty and clear way, to provide to everyone with the file.  And they're not straightforward. AND they won't work with Elements, as far as I know.  And you'll need to include your email address so that people can contact you when they're having trouble making it work.

Well now I understand why there are none on the internet anywhere.   Makes perfect sense.   I will NOT make you go through that.   And if it can't  work in every program (PS or PSE that is) well then it's probably not worth it to either of us (you or I).      
I just thought I would reach out and as the king of photoshop before I threw in the towel is all.  
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!   You've gain a beer or two.  :-) 

I will explain it to you and you'll see why it's not suitable for the general public.

Once you've settled on your fonts, you merge those two text layers together into one pixel layer. Then you hit the "Fx" button and choose "Color Overlay".  Choose a colour - any colour, it doesn't matter - for the text to be.

Then you delete all your unused layers, including the black Solid Color layer you're using as a background at the moment.  You just want the text and flower against a transparent background.  Then go to Edit>Trim to trim away the excess space.  Save that as a different PSD file, ready to use.

Then you open up the photo you want to put it on.  Go to File>Place Embedded, and choose your logo file.  It will appear on your photo, and of course you can size it and position it however you want.

Then it's time to change the text colour for your exact needs.  You go to Layer>Smart Object>Edit Contents.  This will open the file in a separate tab, where you can double-click the "Color Overlay" in the layers panel, choose your desired colour, then save and close that file.  When you return to your photo file, the new colour will be there.

This probably doesn't make sense as you read it, but it will when you do it.

Yeah I can see why it's not suitable for many users.     I did it and it works but like you said for the general not so much.   Now I understand why you don't see "word art" in colors.   I just had it in my head that I was missing something and just was stupid at this point.     Makes total sense now.  

THANK YOU !!!!! 

• Like 1