Lightroom to Photoshop & CS6 vs CC

Hello,

I am a new member to Ask Damien and referred here years ago and only just signed up.   I haver perused posts and threads to attempt to post in the correct place and follow guidelines.  My questions are two, three-prong. Hence the new post.  If you would like this posted elsewhere please advise.

A user of Lightroom for some years, owning both Lr5 & Ps6, I have had many 'challenges' with LR and her catalogues and initially, I wanted to use the cataloguing as part of my workflow.  I am familiar with editing with LR.
Earlier this year I purchased an iMac PRO and stepped up from a customised MacBook Pro.  Migrated all programmes across with minor glitches.  LR was one that despite the numerous attempts to input the encryption key, it failed to upload to the iMac PRO.  Communications direct & email with Adobe Australia and basically in the end it was 'it is what it is' attitude.  To solve this problem it was best I move to the 'subscription mode'.  I had stalled on this as I did not wish to be under the control and mastery of a subscription model.  My photography was put on hold this year.  I  now would like to recommence and perhaps follow a different workflow and editing software path.  All previous editing is on DAS (DROBO 5D3)

I now have  [Adobe] :
Photoshop CS6 | Photoshop CC | Photoshop Lightroom CC | Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

I am not really comfortable with  Ps CC or Lr CC.  
Proficient with Lr [classic] and would like to continue through with your tutelage with PS6.  However, I am running macOS High Sierra v 10.13.6 and believe from a post here, that it is on the out as we  knew but may not work efficiently, if at all with this OS platform?

Q 1.  Should I depart from Ps6 and use my newly acquired subscription base of CC, both Ps and Lr?

Q 2. Should I forget Lr (CC) altogether and 'amend my subscription' to only PS CC [making it cheaper monthly?

Q 3. Dependent on above, can I then subscribe to learning through Ask Damien to learn:  ACR (camera raw), Bridge and Ps to do away with Lr, its catalogues altogether in one spot at Ask Damian?

I apologise for long post, however, I have become a little confused. 

Thank you.  Hope to hear Damien.

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 2.27.08 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 2.27.20 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 2.27.30 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 2.27.39 pm.png

Edited by BettinaJay

5 minutes ago, BettinaJay said:

Q 1.  Should I depart from Ps6 and use my newly acquired subscription base of CC, both Ps and Lr?

No, I really wouldn't.  You already own excellent software, there is no benefit in paying (and paying and paying and paying, every month for the rest of your life) for CC.

7 minutes ago, BettinaJay said:

Q 2. Should I forget Lr (CC) altogether

Yes.  This question marks the first step towards a good portfolio.  It's time.  https://www.damiensymonds.net/bridge-30-day-challenge

7 minutes ago, BettinaJay said:

and 'amend my subscription' to only PS CC [making it cheaper monthly?

No, absolutely not.

8 minutes ago, BettinaJay said:

Q 3. Dependent on above, can I then subscribe to learning through Ask Damien to learn:  ACR (camera raw), Bridge and Ps to do away with Lr, its catalogues altogether in one spot at Ask Damian?

Yes, you are in the right place.

Hi Damien, 

Thank you for the prompt response.

I have looked at the 30 Day Challenge link and intend to follow through with each link and take it on.

Can I clarify.  Stay with the Ps6 that I own and have paid for, right?  Opt out and hopefully no exit fees of CC both Ps and Lr.
Will my operating system which is macOS high Sierra (and about to be as available OS Mojave) equipped to seamlessly run Ps6?
I will also adhere to your suggestion of the 'Bridge Course'.

That would be my final clarification/question above?

Edited by BettinaJay

Brilliant.  I will cancel my package subscription to Adobe for Ps and Lr on Monday.
I will over this w/end follow the challenge and the Bridge Course.  I presume it will then prompt me to a succession of courses, to get me fully versed in photoshop.

Thank you.

• Like 1