Bra Showing through sweater

Kiwiellis

My client has asked me to edit out the white color of her daughter's bra that is kinda showing through her sweater dress.  I don't know the best way to do this.  I created a new layer and changed the blending mode to color, then sampled the color of the sweater dress and painted that color over it with the brush mode also set to color.  It's very subtle and it didn't quite get rid of all the whitish color showing through, I don't think.  What is the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  I'm attaching a before and after pic of the fix I attempted.  Honestly, it's hard for me to completely see what my client is talking about - I think some of what she is seeing is just the lighting, and it's lighter in the areas facing the light source?  I may have been looking at this way too long.  LOL

102818069 before.jpg

102818069 after.jpg

Wow!  The solid color layer looks great.  I did a little cloning to remove the hard bra line, but the color is dead on.  I really wish I understood color like this.  How can I get better in this area?  Are you able to explain how you arrived at the exact color for that?  Because I've got several images in this dress that I am going to have to fix.  And with the images being at different locations and lighting, they are not all going to be the exact same color I don't think.    

And speaking of me being terrible at color, ?  I did not even realize how off the White Balance was in the first one until I saw these two pics side by side, so I adjusted the white balance on the first image when I re-developed it.  This is the SOOR of that one.

102818069 SOOR.jpg

111918334.jpg

2 hours ago, Kiwiellis said:

The solid color layer looks great.  I did a little cloning to remove the hard bra line, but the color is dead on.  I really wish I understood color like this.  How can I get better in this area?  Are you able to explain how you arrived at the exact color for that?

I just fiddle around with the values until it looked right.  There's no science or "trick" to it, I assure you.

2 hours ago, Kiwiellis said:

102818069 SOOR.jpg

This is still a disaster. Post your raw edit in class please.