Jump to content
Eran

Autumn color grading

Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Hi , I'm working on 2 vivid colors with green and orange colors.

levels.thumb.jpg.090e0f5d8a2c8c2b05cdf8ce1cf462e8.jpg

 

I want to take the end result to more autumn color grading (like these 2 examples) which is more brass & gold.
Is it possible  ? how ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the posting guidelines:

Quote

Post links to other people's images.  Don't upload photos that aren't your own - that's bad manners.  Provide the link to an image with the desired effect, so that we can visit it.  Don't link the file itself; link the page on which you found the photo, so that the photographer gets the credit and the traffic.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

From the posting guidelines:

 

Hi D , 
I don't have link to photos , the model in the photos (Which is the same girl I shot in my post of "Winter Balcony" ) sent them to me via whatsapp for reference , its hers.

What do I need to do now ? look for other photos on the web with same grading or ask her for URL to photos ?

 

Edited by Eran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Who took the photos?

Photographer Rotem Barak;

This is her website :
http://rotembarak.co.il/portfolio/

The photo isn't there (model sent it).

I now backtracked photo through google to where it was post :

https://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/portfolio/?id=118117&md_photographer_id=118117&md_pageIndex=0&md_page=0&md_pid=260335

https://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/portfolio/?id=118117&md_photographer_id=118117&md_pageIndex=0&md_page=0&md_pid=377748

And if the above color grading doesn't fit , I just saw another photo with similar colors (green and orange) and different editing style  that might fit my image

https://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/portfolio/?id=118117&md_photographer_id=118117&md_pageIndex=0&md_page=0&md_pid=305767

 

What are your thoughts ? which edit will be easier / better to apply on my photo ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

I'll have to keep experimenting for the first two.

For the third one, I think it's this?

Eran-Autumn-Colour-3.thumb.jpg.fa456176c138163f14dd6dba933a6a89.jpg

Yes , Very similiar , I just need to fix the skin tone before the adjustment so it will look better.
How do you get to the same result , like.. how do you analyse and image and copy the color attributes ? 
(I believe photographers are using presets in LR to get these grading (
 

Edited by Eran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eran said:

Yes , Very similiar , I just need to fix the skin tone before the adjustment so it will look better.

Fix the skintone in what way?  What will "better" look like?

8 hours ago, Eran said:

How do you get to the same result

Here's the file: Download PSD

8 hours ago, Eran said:

like.. how do you analyse and image and copy the color attributes ?

Well, it's the same matte crap with which people have been ruining their photos for years.  If you've looked through the downloadable files in this section, you'll see heaps of other examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Hey @Eran, you haven't downloaded the file yet!

Thank you (worked later yesterday).
I have graded both pictures , Because the light changed , there is slight difference between them and the colors on the bottom one looks more vivid or bright (not sure I'm using the correct word to describe).

If I want to match them "perfectly" (as possible)   , Do I need to play with Hue / Brightness on bottom or its basically not doable or not correct to do because light condition changed between 2 photos ?

DSC01550.thumb.jpg.e8245204f648d9317bd96f4831893f63.jpg

DSC01538.thumb.jpg.029f2feb36412ea5ee3ed790f6841a66.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 10:35 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Well, it's the same matte crap with which people have been ruining their photos for years.  If you've looked through the downloadable files in this section, you'll see heaps of other examples.

D , I would like to hear your thoughts regarding the following please ? 🙂

1. Are  you against color grading or against matte effect ?

2. From your experience , If I want to put a mood inside a picture (like emphasizing a season ... giving it specific season feeling like media been doing in commercials) how do you recommend doing it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Eran said:

1. Are  you against color grading or against matte effect ?

Yes.

20 minutes ago, Eran said:

2. From your experience , If I want to put a mood inside a picture (like emphasizing a season ... giving it specific season feeling like media been doing in commercials) how do you recommend doing it ?

Well, whatever method works.  That's what we're here to figure out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Eran said:

I have graded both pictures , Because the light changed , there is slight difference between them and the colors on the bottom one looks more vivid or bright (not sure I'm using the correct word to describe).

If I want to match them "perfectly" (as possible)   , Do I need to play with Hue / Brightness on bottom or its basically not doable or not correct to do because light condition changed between 2 photos ?

I definitely don't think you should try to use the "artistic effect" layers to match the two photos.

If they don't match, it's the fault of your clean processing.  Go back to your Levels and Skin work until it's perfect.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Hi @Eran, how did it turn out?

Hi , 
I didn't try to match the colors exactly , the cleaning process was fine with both pictures (you approved the SOOR and Levels) , If i'll try to make them identical (there is 2 minutes difference in time between the photos , and the exposure is very similar  (F3.2 @ iso 100 vs F 2.8 @iso 125 ) , the brightness value is 5.36 vs 5.75 (according to exif and I'm not sure what it means)

So I decided I'm not trying to match them because it will probably take me a lot of time and still I will not make them similar in colors  😞

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...