going from PS CC 2019 back to 2018

SueR

Hi Brian,

Following up with the tread on FB...how can I go back from PS CC 2019 to the 2018 version?  I googled it but I am not sure exactly how to go about this.

Thanks,

Sue

PS CC 2018 is still on your Hard Drive. Adobe Software does not over-write old versions of their software. This is how you can end-up with three copies of Photoshop on your computer. LOL! Which is a good thing, since the PS CC 2019 is really messing up people's computers. Look in your Applications Folder, it should be in the list. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 3.39.51 PM.png

Hi Brian,

It actually only have a preset folder when I click on it (I have Adobe PS CC 2017 and 15 14 and all the same..only preset not the actual program.  758752170_ScreenShot2019-01-06at7_00_02PM.thumb.png.e560d012b9ea137c8a5e9c03fbf8ba32.png

oh wait... this is a new computer this year and I didn't install PS until the spring and my old one crashed.....hmmmm maybe why that is all I have?  But my kids have 2018 on theirs so I could grab it and put it on mine ?  

Edited by SueR

Yeah, it's probably the only one you have. I just checked mine, and I'm in the same boat as you. It is possible that I told the Adobe Installer to delete old versions of PS, so that's what I'm thinking happened on my end.

What you will need to do is fine the .dmg installer file for PS 2017 / 2018 or whatever. Just copying the folder over will not work. The program needs to be installed and a license key will need to be typed in. You might want to give Adobe a call and see if they can send you a link to the older version of PS that will work with your Creative Cloud Key.

Ah-ha!! I found out how to install older versions!! Head to your PS CC Manager. Click the Down Arrow Next to the word Open and then Select Manage.  From there choose "Other Versions" and choose which older version you want to install.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 12.58.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 1.01.40 AM.png

Brian you are brilliant!!!!!  I tried forever to find an old version...... I never installed 2018 but I have 2017 so that is so much better than CC 2019.

• Like 1

If it's working, leave it alone. Honestly, I personally think the majority of issues are with people's computers that are screwed up to begin with and the PS CC 2019 update just aggravates pre-existing conditions. It seems that those who have the most problems don't have a clue on the health of their computer, they just "update" without thinking. Or having a decent backup for a catastrophic event. Software is volatile, and while it might seem that things should work perfectly for the most part, that is not the case at all. 

Sort of like old people who get sick and then go from what looks normal (when really they are walking a cliff medically but no one sees it) to really bad/dying..... makes total sense.  I know mine is good since it's new and I run ClamAVX on a regular basis.  

Thanks for you help!