JEANA

Dianna Cameron

HI Damien --- Thank you for following up.  A solid black background on a painting 60cm by 90cm might be a bit overwhelming.   I have a couple of months before I have to start painting it, so I might see if I can experiment in Photoshop with alternative backgrounds. The trouble is I'm so inexperienced at this stage that I have no confidence.  But I will give it a go.  (I am learning a new Method of painting and this method requires that I paint exactly what I see for the first few paintings, otherwise I could simply experiment when I'm painting.) Thank you for your time.  I know how busy you must be, and I appreciate it.   

If you don't choose a solid black background, it will be necessary to artistically create an edge around the lady which doesn't presently exist.  And I fear you don't have the necessary Photoshop skills for that very difficult task yet.

I urge you to stick with black for this one.

HI Damien --- Yes, and that is EXACTLY the problem I found when I made my first fumbling attempt to mask her in order to create the background.  You are quite right, I don't have the necessary Photoshop skills yet.  But can I ask, why would it be easier with a solid color than it would be with an artistic background?