Photoshop shuts down as soon as I open a file from Bridge

Gena

I am not sure what happened but I updated my iMac a month or two ago and haven't had any issues with it until tonight. I have not been able to go from Bridge to PSCS5. I wish I would have never updated to macOS Mojava... I pray that I can get my PSCS5 to work. Any suggestions?

I have a Mac desktop running macOS Mojave and Photoshop CS5. It is over 2 years old, and has 24GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 667.56GB free out of 1TBGB. The last time I shut down was more than 24 hours ago. I run a cleanup program about once a week.

Choose my file in bridge, opens in camera raw... select a couple adjustments... open in photoshop - touch the picture or anywhere in photoshop, it automatically shuts down.

I went into Security & Privacy then to the Privacy tab and check marked the Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 box  -- it say's it allow's the apps below to control the computer. I rebooted the computer and now works!!! Such a relief! Thank you Damien for jumping in so quick to help! I really appreciate it.

13 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Ok, well, go ahead and restart the computer and see if the problem persists.

Also, is it only doing this with raw files?  What about PSDs or jpegs?

Good question. I opened the raw files, so not sure about jpegs. I thought it was fixed but when closing Photoshop it sent me a notice of another crash incident. I have to be up for work in 4 hours... will not be able to look into anything more until tomorrow evening. 6:00PM Pacific Time ?

Mojave is a little more hyper when it comes to programs working. You have to add Photoshop to the Security & Privacy section (click the checkbox in the list,) and it's just not CS5, it's ALL versions of PS. Well at least as far as my knowledge goes.

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Mojave is a little more hyper when it comes to programs working. You have to add Photoshop to the Security & Privacy section (click the checkbox in the list,) and it's just not CS5, it's ALL versions of PS. Well at least as far as my knowledge goes.

I am using the program now and not having any issues... I hope when I close down it doesn't show an "crash" message.

Brian, can you explain how to add Photoshop to the Security & Privacy section? You say checkbox in the list???