Colour removal

Markbd

Hi Damien

Any quick tips on how I could replace the green reflection on this dogs chin, with a natural looking white? The same with the yellow on the cheek .

Cheers

Mark

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 21.17.36.png

Edited by Markbd

Well, it essentially makes the entire photo black-and-white (the way it would if you left Colorize turned off but moved the Saturation slider all the way to -100) then adds a bit of colour tint to it.

It's a feature which seems, at a glance, to be very handy, but actually I find I hardly ever use it.  It worked nicely here, though.  However, I fear it only worked nicely here because your white balance was so appalling.  I beg you to take the Raw Class as soon as you can.

• Like 1

Surely it wasn't that far off regarding WB :0) I'd appreciate you showing me what you think the WB for this image should be. Then I can realise that I need to sign up immediately :0)

1 hour ago, Markbd said:

Surely it wasn't that far off regarding WB :0) I'd appreciate you showing me what you think the WB for this image should be. Then I can realise that I need to sign up immediately :0)

I'm assuming your dog is black, with grey fur on his chin, and not blue? :)

I'm blessed having a rare blue dog!? I must have a wonky white balance eye! When I adjust the white balance it makes the dog look a very flat black which looks off for me? Better get on the raw class! I'll give Damien  a whistle when if I am get on it! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Markbd said:

I'm blessed having a rare blue dog!? I must have a wonky white balance eye! When I adjust the white balance it makes the dog look a very flat black which looks off for me? Better get on the raw class! I'll give Damien  a whistle when if I am get on it! ?

The first set of images you posted seemed fine (besides being crazy sharp), I don't know why your edits became colder when you started over.