Graphics rendering issue

SherriJ

This occurs randomly when I use Damien’s action for placing my watermark. It has also occurred on my laptop   It does not occur any other time. It begins with the cropping step and clears when I click the check mark to confirm. 

Do do I need to change settings in photoshop ?

Intel i7-9900k processer
Nvidia RTX 2070 video card

F43ED726-EB8A-44AC-847E-F940B9B36E56.jpeg

79D8C2A1-52CB-46AC-AF45-08F219A3C4D1.jpeg

I upgraded and restarted my computer. The same graphics issue occurred.  I unchecked the box restarted my computer and tested and it is still happening.  Then I tried reset tool presets. So far I have not replicated the issue with the graphics card unchecked. I will keep testing.

Just now, SherriJ said:

I unchecked the box restarted my computer and tested and it is still happening.

1 minute ago, SherriJ said:

So far I have not replicated the issue with the graphics card unchecked.

Can you clarify these two statements? They seem to contradict each other.

Oh yes - with graphics card unchecked it was still happening so I reset the tool presets then so far it has not happened - so I am rebooting the computer I will now check the box and see if it happens again now that I have used the reset on the tool presets panel. I am trying to say that it kept happening until I reset the tools preset and now after that so far it has not happened

When you uncheck the box to use the graphics card is the only work-around at this point. The issue is PS isn’t playing nice with your video card drivers. So either a future PS update OR video driver update will address these issues. For now, you are kinda stuck. 

Downside to not using the Graphics Processor? Speed. Some features are faster with the box checked...but it’s not a deal breaker. 

Bottom Line: Uncheck the box for now. 

My graphics rendering issue continues with the box unchecked and with all other strategies until I tried flattening the psd file before starting the action, When I do that it works perfectly. Is there a way to create a pause after the flattening instruction to allow it to complete before continuing the action? I can send a video of this happening.

You use the "Insert Stop" in your action. In your actions panel, along the top right corner is about 4 or so horizontal lines. Click that. A pop up menu will appear and you'll see things like New Set, load actions, etc. Look for Insert Stop. A pop up box will appear allowing you to type instructions / reminder. Then just drag the "stop" to a spot in your action.

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.50.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 8.53.34 PM.png

Pause for a specified amount of time?

I don't think so. I have never seen that in PS. Actions can only do so much. You might want to re-create the action, step-by-step to see if you can work out any bugs or figure out how the action works so you can create your own. Honestly, most purchased Actions only really work from a flattened background layer, which is unfortunate.

• Thanks 1