Hi Damien,

(or whichever admin responds)

I am not quite sure if you can help me or not but I figured it was worth asking.

Yesterday I opened photoshop CS6 (I have a PC laptop) and I had an error message. Like a fool I didnt really take note of what it said but it told me there was some kind of a problem and that I could try updating or contacting adobe. Stupidly I just kind of ignored and it and now photoshop is not playing nice.

I tried to see if I need to update but it wont let me and I believe I have done the latest (and last) update of CS6.

I am not quite sure what is wrong with it but it's random little things like when I use the crop tool there is color in the crop lines instead of just black and white. My patch tool is sometimes creating blue lines instead of black and the marching ants fade in and out. The photos are very slightly pixelated at 100% even though they are photos that I have previously worked on and they were not pixelated at all. My spot healing tool did nothing but then started to work again. I was painting on a mask just fine, moved to another area and then it just started painting white on it even though I was on the mask and it had been working fine moments before.

Do you happen to have any idea what I can do to sort it out please?
I know its really vague information I'm giving but you know whan something just isnt right.... It't just being really temperamental.

Thanks so much for any and all help you can offer.

I am not sure how to attach a screen shot

Gemma

I have a PC laptop running Windows 7 and Photoshop CS6. It is over 2 years old, and has 6GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 53.9GB free out of 570GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I rarely run a cleanup program.

I last ran a cleanup program a couple of days ago and did virus scans about a month ago.

I know I need to free up some hard drive and I have just finished up a huge session so I will take those files off later on today.

I didn't get to read the link yet but I will do that later too.

Thanks so much for trying to help me out

• Like 1

I deleted some files so now I have 433 GB of 570 GB free. It does seem that photoshop is running better now.

I am still having the crop box be in different colors rather than black and I just got a message when I went to use liquify that said " liquify supports hardware acceleration to improve performance. You may want to check the Performance Preferences and verify that "Use Graphics Processor" is enabled. - No idea what that means and if I should do it or if it will mess me up.

I looked at the link you said to read above but I am not sure if I should go ahead and follow it since I dont have black boxes appearing and although I had slightly pixelated images at 100% (even though I knew they should have been sharp - that seems to have stopped since I made some room on my hard drive) they werent really grainy.

Should I try doing what you had mentioned in the article anyway?

Thanks 

30 minutes ago, Gemma Schaefer said:

I looked at the link you said to read above but I am not sure if I should go ahead and follow it since I dont have black boxes appearing and although I had slightly pixelated images at 100% (even though I knew they should have been sharp - that seems to have stopped since I made some room on my hard drive) they werent really grainy.

Should I try doing what you had mentioned in the article anyway?

Thanks 

Yes. The black boxes is just one of several weird issues that PS can have. The steps in the article will not hurt your computer or PS. :)

So I followed the steps to change it to basic in the advanced settings and I was already on cache 4.

When I just opened photoshop the whole background has changed color to black rather than the grey that it was. How can I get it to go back to grey?

Thanks