Spyder Calibration Not Sticking

I bought a BenQ PV3200PT 32" 16:9 4K Video Editing IPS Monitor that allows for manual calibration and I couldn’t seem to get the Spyder profile to stick. Everything would be fine and dandy during the calibration process using the software, but the second the software closed - the screen would revert back to default. Eventually I gave up and dumped the spyder but I really want plug and play way to calibrate it if it’s possible. I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with this and how to get the spyder working with the monitor?

Hi! I apologize, I was running errands out of town yesterday.  I am going to start again from scratch tomorrow (Friday) and will provide an update. 

Just a side note, I pretty much follow the directions to the T --- I've been using Spyder calibration for years (and your info) -- BUT I know I didn't mess with the settings of the monitor straight out of the box (thus I didn't reset it to factory because I assumed it was at factory but maybe it wasn't!).  I have attached screen shots of the extensive menu, some don't show EVERYTHING  - just wanted to provide a glimpse. 

IMG_9003.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_9006.jpg

IMG_9007.jpg

IMG_9008.jpg

5 hours ago, Amanda A said:

Just a side note, I pretty much follow the directions to the T --- I've been using Spyder calibration for years (and your info)

Thanks, I'm sure this answers the next question I was about to ask - whether you were confident that the Spyder itself is functioning ok.  If you've used it successfully plenty of times before, that's great.

What screen did you have before?

I think June 2018 is when I gave up on trying. It was a few months after I got my new monitor. If it was a spyder issue, shouldnt the calibration process not even work correctly at all? My issue was just the setting sticking - like it wasn’t taking over once the spyder program was closed. It would remind me on needing to recalibrate during the short period I had it only my system prior to removing it. 

Im running it right now, tried to add extra lighting to my office so I can see prints well enough and it said my light amount was too high and to tone it down ? sooooo I turned the added light off to get “medium” light. 

6BBDE2F9-99B8-4557-B764-E9BAC76B58F2.jpeg

If the "shadow areas" seem to be brighter (details more visible) then they do in the prints, should I do a manual adjustment somewhere in the spyder software?  Or is that something I should modify in the screen?

26 minutes ago, Amanda A said:

Im running it right now, tried to add extra lighting to my office so I can see prints well enough and it said my light amount was too high and to tone it down ? sooooo I turned the added light off to get “medium” light. 

6BBDE2F9-99B8-4557-B764-E9BAC76B58F2.jpeg

I fear you're not following my instructions closely enough.  You should never have landed on this screen.

8 minutes ago, Amanda A said:

Seems to be sticking this time!  Thanks Damien!

Great.

6 minutes ago, Amanda A said:

If the "shadow areas" seem to be brighter (details more visible) then they do in the prints, should I do a manual adjustment somewhere in the spyder software?  Or is that something I should modify in the screen?

This is probably because you turned down your lighting.

What brightness target did you calibrate to?  80?  100?  Something else?