Pan tool not working

I’m using a mac, adobe photoshop CC and just suddenly my pan tool stopped working when I touch the space bar.  I’ve a done a search on line and not finding anything that is helping.  Any thoughts?

Just one thing to add - it now activates a purple line that goes straight across the image.  Hoping that gives you all another clue as to whats going on.

I definitely have restarted my computer a couple of times bc now not only is the space bar pan tool not working, sometimes my quick mask doesn’t work and sometimes my computer just on its own starts making additional copies of the image AND when I do screen shots they disappear.    Driving me crazy b/c I can’t trust anything and my smooth workflow is no longer smooth.  Thoughtsw????

I can definitely fill the form out and will do now.  I am using mouse.  I now also can’t see the before and after (option click the first layers eyeball)  nothing happens when I do that either....I have so much to edit and getting so frustrated....:(

I have a Mac desktop running OS X 10.9.5 and Photoshop cc. It is under 2 years old, and has 16 GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 332GB free out of 499GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I have never run a cleanup program.

MAC PRO late 2013  ( i thought I got it last spring - I may be wrong based on the “late 2013”)

Processor  3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory  16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F1603)