Jake,Ryan different photo/background

Cindy Young

OK, done.  I'm guessing I click on a the color variances in the backdrop, NOT the wall behind it.  AND do I do another levels layer or just the eyedropper thing??

Edited by Cindy Young

12:35 am and I woke up this morning at 4:00 am.  I'm going to bed to get up in 5 1/2 hrs to watch my grandkids' swim meet.  Thank you, D. and I do know where the donation button is!!  I do need more help, though!

Edited by Cindy Young

1 hour ago, Cindy Young said:

AND do I do another levels layer or just the eyedropper thing??

The one you've already got, NOT a new one.

1 hour ago, Cindy Young said:

I'm guessing I click on a the color variances in the backdrop

Click on the colour you want it to be.  That is all.

I have the eyedropper thing ready.  But now what?  Is it the Gradient LAYER (Christina says no, but the link provided is for a Gradient LAYER) OR the Gradient TOOL?  If it's the Gradient TOOL, then I do not know how to get it onto the Levels layer.  I have clicked on the levels mask and tried to draw the line on the photo to have the background color fill in at the top, but it doesn't.  The brain is

still foggy here.  Screenshot 2016-05-28 13.39.54.png

Oh, man!  I thought I had finished my levels work.  Is it too yellow?  The SOOC was waaaay underexposed, but all I have is the edited DNG.  The right side of the photo was really "hot."  I have not done levels on the background, but I have on everything else.  Suggestions?

1) clicked on layer icon   2) double clicked on white eyedropper   3) selected a color near baby's head   4)OK>No   5) clicked on darker part of backdrop   6) selected mask

The tutorial says to start masking.  If I mask on the ceiling with the white brush, little to nothing happens.  If I mask with the black brush, it darkens the area.

Even after I re-edited, and did the eyedropper thing after masking everything except the ceiling, the ceiling does not match the light wall at the rest of the hair.  So frustrating for me and a million times more frustrating for you, I'm sure!Screenshot 2016-05-29 11.26.09.png