Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I'm wanting to adapt one of your "Save for web action with watermark"  to use for getting my images ready for an online gallery. I know the best size they need to be set to for the site but at this point I don't want them to have a watermark on them. So, Say I am using the "fixed watermark, no border" one.. can I just uncheck the "place" step? Do I need to uncheck or delete any of the other steps for this to work smoothly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that images work best at 3600px on the long edge, for this site..So, do I put 3600px X 3600px? I'm not sure how to make it adaptable for the "long edge" orientation.

Seen this...

Please remember that the Fit Image function doesn’t resize your photos to exactly the sizes you enter. If you enter 960×960, it doesn’t force all your photos to become squares. It creates a “box” that all your photos will fit inside. The landscape ones will be 960 wide, and whatever their height will be, will be. Likewise, your portrait ones will be 960 high, and their width will be whatever it is

...So i'm assuming the 3600x3600 will be fine?

 

Edited by Shirelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

I'm wanting to adapt one of your "Save for web action with watermark"  to use for getting my images ready for an online gallery. I know the best size they need to be set to for the site but at this point I don't want them to have a watermark on them. So, Say I am using the "fixed watermark, no border" one.. can I just uncheck the "place" step? Do I need to uncheck or delete any of the other steps for this to work smoothly?

Looking at the article I think I'd need to uncheck the "Canvas size one", the "Place",  the "reveal all", and all 6 of the watermark position ones, then uncheck the bottom "flatten image" to completely remove the steps dealing with the watermark, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shirelle said:

I'm wanting to adapt one of your "Save for web action with watermark"  to use for getting my images ready for an online gallery. I know the best size they need to be set to for the site but at this point I don't want them to have a watermark on them. So, Say I am using the "fixed watermark, no border" one.. can I just uncheck the "place" step? Do I need to uncheck or delete any of the other steps for this to work smoothly?

Don't use the action if you don't need a watermark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just use Image Processor.

And yes, 3600x3600.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was going to batch save some psds to jpeg from bridge. But I can take them into ps and apply my cropping first and just run it in ps.  So, if I just use image processor after cropping my images manually, does it automatically flatten each image and apply un sharp mask? I still thought it'd save me some time to use part of the action for 40+ images. Do I add the 3600x3600 size in to the image processor or is that something I have to manually change on each photo?

 

 

Edited by Shirelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you watched the video?

If sharpening is required, you'll need to make a simple action to do the sharpening, then include it in Image Processor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

Do I add the 3600x3600 size in to the image processor or is that something I have to manually change on each photo?

Definitely don't do it manually.  Put it in Image Processor as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So check the "resize to fit" box and put it in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I make a simple sharpening action can I start it with flattening image or does the image processor flatten it for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question.. sorry if I seem daft to you, but this is all new to me and I wanna get it right.

Should my sharpening be higher when it's going to the client verses just sharpening for social media?  (It goes on an online gallery where they can downloaded...so still on the web, but it's next step is straight to the client.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

So if I make a simple sharpening action can I start it with flattening image or does the image processor flatten it for you?

You'll need to include the flatting in your action, to be safe.

19 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

Should my sharpening be higher when it's going to the client verses just sharpening for social media?  (It goes on an online gallery where they can downloaded...so still on the web, but it's next step is straight to the client.) 

Sorry, I can't answer that here.  That information is part of the Sharpening Class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay thank you and okay..I will get to that class! Hopefully soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...