Adapting an action help

I'm wanting to adapt one of your "Save for web action with watermark"  to use for getting my images ready for an online gallery. I know the best size they need to be set to for the site but at this point I don't want them to have a watermark on them. So, Say I am using the "fixed watermark, no border" one.. can I just uncheck the "place" step? Do I need to uncheck or delete any of the other steps for this to work smoothly?

I know that images work best at 3600px on the long edge, for this site..So, do I put 3600px X 3600px? I'm not sure how to make it adaptable for the "long edge" orientation.

Seen this...

Please remember that the Fit Image function doesn’t resize your photos to exactly the sizes you enter. If you enter 960×960, it doesn’t force all your photos to become squares. It creates a “box” that all your photos will fit inside. The landscape ones will be 960 wide, and whatever their height will be, will be. Likewise, your portrait ones will be 960 high, and their width will be whatever it is

...So i'm assuming the 3600x3600 will be fine?

Edited by Shirelle

16 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

I'm wanting to adapt one of your "Save for web action with watermark"  to use for getting my images ready for an online gallery. I know the best size they need to be set to for the site but at this point I don't want them to have a watermark on them. So, Say I am using the "fixed watermark, no border" one.. can I just uncheck the "place" step? Do I need to uncheck or delete any of the other steps for this to work smoothly?

Looking at the article I think I'd need to uncheck the "Canvas size one", the "Place",  the "reveal all", and all 6 of the watermark position ones, then uncheck the bottom "flatten image" to completely remove the steps dealing with the watermark, correct?

1 hour ago, Shirelle said:

Don't use the action if you don't need a watermark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just use Image Processor.

And yes, 3600x3600.

Well, I was going to batch save some psds to jpeg from bridge. But I can take them into ps and apply my cropping first and just run it in ps.  So, if I just use image processor after cropping my images manually, does it automatically flatten each image and apply un sharp mask? I still thought it'd save me some time to use part of the action for 40+ images. Do I add the 3600x3600 size in to the image processor or is that something I have to manually change on each photo?

Edited by Shirelle

Another question.. sorry if I seem daft to you, but this is all new to me and I wanna get it right.

Should my sharpening be higher when it's going to the client verses just sharpening for social media?  (It goes on an online gallery where they can downloaded...so still on the web, but it's next step is straight to the client.) 

23 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

So if I make a simple sharpening action can I start it with flattening image or does the image processor flatten it for you?

You'll need to include the flatting in your action, to be safe.

19 minutes ago, Shirelle said:

Should my sharpening be higher when it's going to the client verses just sharpening for social media?  (It goes on an online gallery where they can downloaded...so still on the web, but it's next step is straight to the client.) 

Sorry, I can't answer that here.  That information is part of the Sharpening Class.