Prints too dark

Hi Damien,  

I've recently upgraded from photoshop cs5 to photoshop cc.  I also upgraded my desktop computer at the same time.  I did not replace the monitor though. 

Since doing that I am having printing issues with it printing way too dark especially on the bottom of the image.  I have calibrated my monitor following your instructions for the x-rite i1 display pro. 

I have attached 3 pictures.  One is the pic of the print.  One is the pic of the image on my screen in photoshop CC and the other is the same picture but on my old computer in photoshop cs5.  As you can see the old computer and photoshop cs5 is pretty accurate with the print.  The pic of the new computer is not.   

Both of the pics were taken with the same monitor but different monitor calibration devices on both of the pc's.  I did originally use the same monitor calibrating device for the new computer (but that resulted in  the same printing problems) then  my professional printing lab advised to use the x rite so changed to that but I still have the same printing issues.  

pic of print.jpg

pic of screen on new computer in photoshop cc.jpg

pic of screen on old computer in photoshop cs5.jpg

Yes I usually use photoshop or bridge.  I sent you the pic to show you that I'm getting a more accurate image using the photos app than I am using photoshop which shouldn't be the case.  

I have spent about 4 hours this afternoon calibrating and I'm getting the same result with the image being alot lighter in photoshop especially down the bottom of the image. 

I have checked multiple prints

Unfortunately no.  I shoot in studio mostly with black and white backgrounds.  Also I wanted to take your raw class. I did the class a while back but would like to do it again now that I have upgraded to CC but I'm assuming it wouldn't be a good idea until I have this problem with the printing sorted.

1 minute ago, Mankro said:

I'm assuming it wouldn't be a good idea until I have this problem with the printing sorted.

Yes, I assume that too.

Just now, Mankro said:

Would it be worth it for me to install photoshop cs5 on my new computer and see what the same images look like in that program?

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

So are the colours ok?  Is the only problem the blacks?

When I bought the new computer I used the old spyder calibrator that I was using on my previous computer but had the same problem with it printing too dark.  I spoke to my printing lab about it and they suggested I change to the i1 display pro which I did but it hasn't made any difference.