Should I update to latest CC photoshop

NancyA

As far as the current versions of Photoshop CC, you want to keep up-to-date. I'm not understanding the 16-bit part...you mean 64-bit?

If so, that applies to Mac Users running mac OS Catalina. It also really applies to people running Photoshop CS6.

If you are on Mojave, you are fine. It's the Catalina Users that have to worry.

Thanks!  I was told it put everything into 16 bit but hadn't found it reading about it.  I upgraded to Catalina and spent a day getting rid of it because--well you know why!  I shall get CC updated.  I did read the one post about Bridge having issues not deleting items but I presume that was a fluky situation.  

I updated but the menu fonts are smaller than before.  It seems like there is a place to enlarge those but I can't find it.  Are they permanently tiny or is there a place to increase the fonts sizes?  Including a picture to clarify what I am talking about.  The larger is CC 2019, the smaller is CC 2020.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 9.37.59 PM.png

Oh, the ONLY time you edit in 16 bit, if if you have severe banding or have a photo that is going to take a lot of work / fixing. 98% of the time, editing in 8 bit is fine. 

I don’t care what website claims otherwise. They are lying.