I have a PC desktop running Windows 7 and Photoshop CC. It is over 8 years old, and has 4GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 207GB free out of 916GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I have never run a cleanup program.

Holy crap.

Firstly, are you aware that Microsoft has now (as of a few days ago) stopped supporting Windows 7 with security updates?  So you will be increasingly vulnerable.

But anyway, 4GB of RAM is far too little to run Adobe software.  You MUST invest in a newer computer pronto.

Like others here, I enjoy knowing your queries on both of them for the learning experience,  I use Photoshop mostly, and at some point, I decide to explore Photoshop CC more thoroughly. It's fantastic that we're covering all the advanced things through Photoshop! On the other side, Elements is an image editing software for entry-level photographers or image editors.

12 minutes ago, roses said:

On the other side, Elements is an image editing software for entry-level photographers or image editors.

No.  Elements is incredibly powerful, and skilled editors can make incredible images with it.

Sadly, many beginners choose Photoshop over Elements because they think a more expensive program will make them better editors.  Of course this is not true.