Error Message on shutdown

Sounds like your rights and privileges associated with your login account are corrupted. This seems to be a Windows 7 bug and I say it kinda sounds really fishy. 

Why?

On January 14th 2020, Windows 7 in all versions and Server 2008 have been taken behind the proverbial barn and shot dead. This "bug" will not be fixed and has been reported by many people. Well, the author of this article is hopeful, but the wallpaper bug was fixed back in December.

Here is an article that I'm referring to with a work-around:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-7-bug-prevents-users-from-shutting-down-or-rebooting-computers/

So what's the solution? Upgrade to Windows 10, aka...buy a new computer. :/

Bugs and error messages are only going to get worse going forward. This time it's just a Shutdown thing. Next time is could be a back-door security thing rendering your computer to a boat-anchor status.

Seriously, please start saving for a new computer and have Windows 10 in your plans for 2020.

Thanks will check into this. Another weird thing started happening now. When I go to file open (in any program) I don't see any files at all. This older win 7 Pc is not used for editing, it is in my office and has some very old programs dating back to the 90's that are still in DOS (operating in win xp mode) and occasionally I have to access that data. I am therefore afraid to update that 1 Pc to win 10. 

Yeah, that PC is probably not a candidate for Win 10 either. For your view files problem, check how you are “viewing” your files and make sure they just aren’t with a certain file extension. 

Other thoughts, that HD could be developing bad sectors or there is even more Windows 7 issues that are only going to get worse as time goes on. Those programs need to be updated or replacements must be found. I get it, I work in IT, and this type of thing with DOS Software working in XP compatible mode is just not going to work that well long term. Remember...as of right now, the 1990’s started 30 years ago. Software from that era is 30 years out of date. 

Interesting. Going forward, it’s a good idea to not have that computer hooked up to the internet. No telling what could be lurking in the shadows. Especially if it’s one that has old software that won’t / can’t be upgraded to Windows 10.