strange color when exporting from LR to PS

nery

Hi, I have noticed some strange green color (overlay) when exporting from LR to PS, on my screen and in printed ones as well. When they are on screen they look normal but when I put them on full screen they turn in some green color. Any idea why? I have tested, after changes in LR or PS they look normal when they are streched over full screen, this happens only when I export them. Do you have some quideline how to export from LR to PS? Thank you for your help! 

Hi Christina, thank you for this, I also figured out it must be color incompatibility between these 2 programs.

To explain: when I do my editing in LR 5 and PS CS6 and save the picture as jpg it looks fine in full screen on my monitor (and monitor at work, so it's not monitor problem). But when I do my editing in LR and then export in PS, and save the picture as JPG or PNG, when I open it in full screen on my monitor it gets weird green color, and also when I print it out it colors looks odd.

Now, when I look your reccomendations for LR, shouldn't I choose ProPhoto RGB, as for other 2 options (sRGB and AdobeRGB(1998) I have note that it won't work in full color spectar?

My setting for PS, are as Damien suggested is: sRBGIEC61966-2.1 http://www.damiensymonds.net/tut_colsettings.html Do you think this might be the problem, should I change it to ProPhoto RBG as well?

Could this also be the problem after I calibrated my monitor (although I see it also in green color on my monitor at work)? And when I set monitor ICC profile back to sRBGIEC61966-2.1 it's also green... Please note that when picture is open in normal size on monitor it looks good, but when I stretch it out for whole screen it gets this green color (only the ones exported from LR to PS, others are fine)....

I'm enclosing the picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thank you so much for your help!

20160203_003829_resized.jpg

20160203_003917_resized.jpg

Darn it Nery, STOP THINKING.

Just do every step of this, and all your problems (present and future) will disappear.

8 minutes ago, nery said:

Now, when I look your reccomendations for LR, shouldn't I choose ProPhoto RGB, as for other 2 options (sRGB and AdobeRGB(1998) I have note that it won't work in full color spectar?

No, this is a massive and damaging myth.  It's screwed you up, just like it's screwed up thousands before you.

• Like 1

hi Kristina, just tested this (sorry for late reply I was out of town) and it works great now! Thank you and thank Damien!

I had a glitch in communication (PS opened it in Adobre RGB (1998) but I've fixed it throu ACR as you suggested.

I have just one question, now when I import pictures from LR to PS, and also when I open a new one in PS, there are all 240px not 300px (as I set it in preferences), should that effect quality for printing or saving them for clients?

Thank you 1 more time you saved my life! :)

Nery

That resolution number means exactly diddly squat. :)  PPI is pixels per inch, and there are no "inches" unless and until you define them (by cropping, for instance, and defining the width and height as well as the resolution parameters).  So don't worry about the resolution box until you're changing the size of your file. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nery said:

I have just one question, now when I import pictures from LR to PS, and also when I open a new one in PS, there are all 240px not 300px (as I set it in preferences), should that effect quality for printing or saving them for clients?

http://www.damiensymonds.net/2011/11/why-ppi-doesnt-matter-yet-another.html

• Like 1