I know there's all kinds of clipping in this, but this edit is what my primary wedding photographer wants me to deliver. I've tried telling her that if I edit like that, it'll print bad. I don't print photos with this much clipping, so how bad are we talking here? When you view in PS and do the alt-click on the levels slider to assess clipping, is there a "safe" range? Like maybe it won't be terrible if the highlights are clipped to the extent they show red? Thanks for any clarification.

clipping.jpg

When I pointed out that this style was badly clipped, I got this:
 "those print just fine, Been doing this 18 years now. They blow up Huge, i'm not saying that. you are stuck on that stupid graph."
"I print out 1.000s of prints all summer long never with a "Clipping" problem ever, and i mean EVER. So I can't stand by a graph each and every time. "

So, sadly, I guess she doesn't see it. I am at a loss here, but this is what I was paid for O.o

On 6/8/2016 at 10:14 AM, HeatherH said:
When I pointed out that this style was badly clipped, I got this:
 "those print just fine, Been doing this 18 years now. They blow up Huge, i'm not saying that. you are stuck on that stupid graph."
"I print out 1.000s of prints all summer long never with a "Clipping" problem ever, and i mean EVER. So I can't stand by a graph each and every time. "

So, sadly, I guess she doesn't see it. I am at a loss here, but this is what I was paid for O.o

She sounds like she barely knows how to use PS herself...

• Like 1