< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Part 1: Screen setup

Warm up

Make sure your screen has been turned on for at least half an hour before starting this process.

Light

Make sure you’re in good light. Viewing prints in dim light is a futile exercise. It needs to be bright enough, and white enough. Read this if you haven’t already done so.

Open Brightness controller

Open your Display window to access the slider for your screen's brightness.  Don't adjust it yet, just keep it open for later.

macslider.png

pcslider.png

True Tone off

Apple users, if your options include a "True Tone" setting, make sure you turn it off.

Check your lab >>

On 3/24/2020 at 2:03 AM, Damien Symonds said:

< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Part 1: Screen setup

Warm up

Make sure your screen has been turned on for at least half an hour before starting this process.

Light

Make sure you’re in good light. Viewing prints in dim light is a futile exercise. It needs to be bright enough, and white enough. Read this if you haven’t already done so.

Open Brightness controller

Open your Display window to access the slider for your screen's brightness.  Don't adjust it yet, just keep it open for later.

macslider.png

pcslider.png

True Tone off

Apple users, if your options include a "True Tone" setting, make sure you turn it off.

Check your lab >>

I am having difficulty calibrating my monitor, when comparing my test prints, they are warm and dark compared to my screen.  The  lighting in my office, it's very yellow and dim,  I purchased new lighting that I can control the temperature using my phone, I should have them changed out tomorrow.  I called Spyder to ask them about Calibration, they are recommending calibrating in complete darkness.  What is your feeling about that?  I am hoping to recalibrate tomorrow after I change out my bulbs.

Edited by cdambrosio
I found my problem, You do say to turn off the lights!!! I missed that, I will recalibrate tomorrow with the new lights!