Damien Symonds

Raw 1.12

Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Victoria Rowe said:

Is there a quick way to 'Pick' photos in Bridge like you can in LR or do you have to do the tedious Cmd-5

Come on, have you watched the video?  One of the first things I mentioned was turning off the Cmd part.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Come on, have you watched the video?  One of the first things I mentioned was turning off the Cmd part.

My bad - sorry! I DID watch the video before posting (more than once) but I was obviously mucking around with my workspace (because it didn't look right) when you covered that bit about not having to use the Cmd/Ctrl key in preferences and missed it. When you then got to rating images in the video, you were right clicking and scrolling to 5 stars, which is nowhere near as fast. I'd much rather just press 5 ;) *only spelling this out so other people don't miss the same thing in the video*

• Like 2

On 5/7/2016 at 4:49 PM, splewington said:

Hi - I'm using Elements 14 on my iMac, Bridge doesn't seem to be installed with that. Also, Faststone doesn't appear to be available for the Mac (only Windows?). What should I use to copy and cull my photos, the macs standard explorer/finder? Thanks

I just read this article that states you can use Bridge for free without a CC subscription. I haven't investigated yet, but here's the link.

http://prodesigntools.com/free-adobe-bridge-cc.html

You say you cull unacceptable photos but then you say you don't delete them at first incase you can use them as donors later. So, what do you do with the culled photos until you are ready to use or delete them? 

46 minutes ago, Sheree Tompkins said:

You say you cull unacceptable photos but then you say you don't delete them at first incase you can use them as donors later. So, what do you do with the culled photos until you are ready to use or delete them? 

Well, nothing.  They can stay exactly where they are, in the folder, just not starred.

• Like 1

I had no idea that I could convert similar images in one fell swoop in Bridge. What a time saver!

Do you go back in and individually tweak an image or two, in ACR, if you're not satisfied with the mass conversion?

Update: I just read the linked article on the next slide in the workflow module. So, yes, you do sometimes individually tweak image that you've converted en messe. :)

Edited by LSSmith
Read the answer to my question in a subsequent linked article
  • Like 1

Saving files.

If I open an image in acr, adjust it and press done. Will the original raw file be saved. IE, if I wanted to revisit the image 6 months later and process it in a different way from the original raw file.

Edited by Rob

Raw files can never be changed.  When you edit one, you don't change the raw file, you only change the metadata attached to it.  At any time you can reset that metadata.

So I have been looking at some of my very early files before I had any sort of process or work flow. When I open them they open straight in Photoshop not ACR is this because I discarded the xmp file?

Edited by Rob

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

So I have been looking at some of my very early files before I had any sort of process or work flow. When I open them they open straight in Photoshop not ACR is this because I discarded the xmp file?

No.  That is impossible.  They must not be raw files.