Jump to next slide >>

WATERMARK ACTIONS

Before we begin, two little settings to check:

Snapping

Open a file in Photoshop (any file, it doesn’t matter) then go to the View menu and make sure these two little checkmarks are turned on:

wmact50.thumb.gif.f1cd669ce3f6900c3652073a627ec249.gif

If you are staunchly opposed to having them turned on for some reason, that’s ok – it’s not the end of the world. But if they are turned on, it makes the Crop step in the actions a little easier to use, that’s all.

History

By default, Photoshop is set to remember twenty History States (the last twenty steps you performed). That’s not quite enough for the batching to work properly.

Go to Edit>Preferences>Performance. Make sure the number of States is at least 30. Higher is fine, but not lower.

wmact51.thumb.gif.01812bc929696e5d0c7b03a6bad41c42.gif

It’s tempting to put your History States way up high, eg 100. I know some people do this. But remember that the higher the number, the more burden on your computer. So don’t go crazy. I have mine set on 50, and it’s always plenty.

Are you ready?

Have you got your settings set? Have you got your watermark ready?  Great!

Let’s proceed to the download page >>

By the way, if you've already set up your action and you just need to refresh your memory about running the action on a batch of photos, jump ahead here >>