Jump to next slide >>

Getting ready

For the next part, you’ll need pen and paper to jot a few things down, and you’ll need a watermarked photo that you’ve already prepared.  Make sure it's at the exact size you use for your web images.

If you’ve never put your watermark on a photo before, you need go to “PART THREE: USE IT” towards the bottom of this article.

If you’ve never even resized a photo for web before, that’s pretty serious. Please comment below so I can help you out with that.

But most of you, I expect, have had experience in preparing web images, so go ahead and open one you’ve saved in the past.

For this example, I’m using one of my beautiful wife’s beautiful photos, and adding her name to it. Here’s the watermark file I created:

wmact10.thumb.jpg.008a462578044884a55df4817174b83a.jpg

Here’s a photo I’m using for the exercise:

wmact11.thumb.jpg.17cf011cb3b96022ae2b81792b2cfd9c.jpg

And here’s the photo with the watermark placed on it:

wmact09b.thumb.jpg.63030d47be9e35c3c0ea521f92578769.jpg

Have you got your resized and watermarked photo ready?

Ok, let’s go! >>

10 minutes ago, Sunnyaz520 said:

Also, I'm familiar with layers but not knowledgeable enough to know how to import an image so it shows up in a layer.  Can you help me with that?  I have my logo saved as a PNG, size 500x500px as a PSD file on my computer. 

Did you do this?

On 6/4/2020 at 10:42 AM, Damien Symonds said:

If you’ve never put your watermark on a photo before, you need go to “PART THREE: USE IT” towards the bottom of this article.

Great!  So choose your crop tool, make sure it's set to "W x H x Resolution" in the options bar, and enter "1080px" in both the width and height fields.  (Make sure you include the "px" or you might find yourself accidentally cropping it to poster size!).

Then crop.