My prints are greener than my monitor

If you find that your screen still matches your previous prints, then we know that there is no problem at your end.  The lab must have messed up.  You can write to them and as for a reprint.

However if you find that your screen no longer matches your previous prints either, then we know that something has gone wrong with your screen, and you need to calibrate it again.

Does that make sense?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cathm said:

i1 Display.  Do I have to do anything differently when i recalibrate?

You have to follow my directions EXACTLY this time.  https://www.damiensymonds.net/calibration.html

26 minutes ago, cathm said:

I am just curious why calibrate again?

Because your screen didn't match your prints!  That's why you started this thread, remember?

My white point looked like below:

7038K    7055K    6956K

7033K    7100K.    6902K

6988K.    7037K.    6921K

Since some numbers are higher than the range of 6000K - 7000K, do I move to Method 2 or not? 

Hi Damien!

I have a question.  For X-rite i1Display Pro calibration tutorial for dekstop method 1, 

you mentioned that "Most will also have a "Custom" or "User RGB" setting, but we're ignoring those in this method.  We're sticking to the presets.

My monitor had the following preset modes: Standard, Comfort View, Movie, Game, Color temperature, and Custom color.

After recording the colour temperature of each of the presets, these 3 presets were close to 6,500K.

- Game: between 6874 ~ 7050K 

- Color temperature: between 7110 - 7343K

- Custom color: 6692 - 6842K

and out of all, :Custom color preset" was the closest to 6,500K

Should I use Custom color or Game preset?

Please let me know so that I can move forward, thanks!

Got it.  Here is the screen shot of my result.

When I compare the prints to the monitor, I noticed that the black and white image and the color image with charcoal grey background shows more green/yellow on the prints compare to the monitor. Therefore, I will recalibrate using D55 as a new target.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 2.47.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 2.47.55 PM.png