Colorful, sharp and extra

TY! Very helpful. So in moving the blue channel slider toward the white end, is that shifting the yellows toward blue? I assume this is specific to this photo, or will it always be a blue channel shift for this effect?

As for the short of "glow" effect on the skin... D&B?

5 minutes ago, HollyJo said:

TY! Very helpful. So in moving the blue channel slider toward the white end, is that shifting the yellows toward blue?

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.  I didn't do anything like that.

6 minutes ago, HollyJo said:

I assume this is specific to this photo, or will it always be a blue channel shift for this effect?

I think this method would work for a lot of photos; but again I emphasise there was no blue channel shift.  I simply used the blue channel to make the black-and-white version of the photo, which is then used on Soft Light mode as a form of D&B.

Oh, I missed that monochrome was checked and the blending mode changed to soft light. So, if there was more shadowing, I  may not need as much of the blue slider?

Did you make the gradient, or is the one you used that first pre-made one in the "oranges" category of gradients?

Just now, HollyJo said:

So, if there was more shadowing, I  may not need as much of the blue slider?

Yes, I think so.  If there was more shadowing I might have been able to leave Blue at 0/0/100/0.

1 minute ago, HollyJo said:

Did you make the gradient, or is the one you used that first pre-made one in the "oranges" category of gradients?

I made it.

I was browsing and saw an older post about Noelle Mirabella that didn't end up going anywhere. I realize that a massive part of her photos is styling, lens choice, lighting and location, but as far as the post-processing goes, how does she get the super rich and vibrant colors? And it looks like a lot of D&B as well? Scrolling back to the beginning of her portfolio, I see the colors weren't always so punchy, but is she really "hand-painting" every colored element in a photo? Or is there a tool and sliders to expedite the process?

https://www.noellemirabella.com/your-everything

lol, I'm not particularly drawn to the way the people end up, but there are times I really want more punchy color, and she has a ton of it. All I know to do is using AL, which is a painstaking process for every color, because too much saturation creates clipping.