iMac is too cool & which spyder to purchase next?

I have an iMac, Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015. I couldn't find my test prints I had before we moved a couple of years ago (haven't really printed since we moved in), so I recalibrated with my Spyder4pro according to your instructions, ordered new test prints, and found my monitor to be cooler than my prints. The brightness was a tad off, with the monitor being just slightly darker than the print, but I know how to adjust this. 

Am I understanding correctly that I cannot change the warmth of my monitor when calibrating, or is there something I need to change in the settings before I begin the calibration process? Is there a way to warm up the colors on my monitor?

Also, Spyder4pro is no longer letting me update and I'd like to purchase new calibration software, maybe an early self-Christmas present. What do you recommend? Is SpyderXPro sufficient or something else for my mac?

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, amyb. said:

found my monitor to be cooler than my prints. The brightness was a tad off, with the monitor being just slightly darker than the print, but I know how to adjust this.

Are you SURE the light around your computer is ok?  What you're describing is often the fault of light, not the screen or calibration.

I'm calibrating in the dark and comparing my prints to the screen in my normal editing light. The print is not directly next to the monitor when I am comparing the two, I do have to turn my head to look at each. When I am comparing the two, the print is warmer than my monitor. 

I did more digging on here and found a suggestion to try "the next lower kelvin value and follow the instructions for recalibrating from that point" for someone in the same boat as me (warmer print). It was also mentioned in this same suggestion that even natural light may be too dim and warm. I will recalibrate tonight in the dark with the next lower kelvin value and see how it looks when I compare in the morning, and I will compare throughout the day as the natural light changes. Do you have any other suggestions?

25 minutes ago, amyb. said:

I'm calibrating in the dark and comparing my prints to the screen in my normal editing light. The print is not directly next to the monitor when I am comparing the two, I do have to turn my head to look at each.

That doesn't actually answer my question.  Is your light good?  Not too warm?

I compared the monitor to the print this morning in my good/normal light. Didn't match up just right, so I opened my display preferences and decreased the brightness a little manually, and now my monitor and print match. I am happy to see them match!

Because I manually decreased the brightness once to get them to match (the colors & temperature of both the monitor and prints), do I need to recalibrate again (using your troubleshooting method) and play with the brightness during calibration, or should I leave it alone as it now is and remember to decrease the brightness next month when I recalibrate?