Bridge CC

I have a PC desktop running win10 or later and Photoshop cc. It is over 3 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 132GB free out of 500GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I rarely run a cleanup program.i have additional HDD installed in the PC for storage . Drive C has software only  Bridge is Running so Slow its struggling to open Jpeg files . I have 17 processor (4790) and 16 gig of ram DDR3 from memory .

What type of video card is installed? Does it have its own dedicated memory or does it use the RAM? Also, 132GB out of 500 is a bit low, especially if you have a high MP (24MP+) camera. 

On the surface, can you get that RAM up to 32GB and move things off that HD? 

Hi Guys

I have reinstalled Bridge and that seems to have made a huge difference. Brian Its DDR 3 Ram so not really worth chasing that line. the processor is a early model  i7

the only thing worth keeping is the Graphics card . So will start some research on a MB and new processor and lots Ram . I will go and get a new 1TB SSD drive in the next few days . If you have any tips on what to get Im all ears .

16GB RAM in the Minimum I would get these days. Honestly? I'd get 32GB to start with.

A Intel i9 won't be much "better," sure it's a little faster, but it isn't earth shattering as compared to a really fast and beefy Intel i7. I'd rather you get a better motherboard and a fast i7 than to blow all your cash on a i9 CPU.

I like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI Motherboards. Make sure you get CPU Paste! LOL!! Samsung 1TB m.2 Drive for your main one should be fine. I'd get that over SSD with a new MLB.

Oh, BTW...I have expensive tastes. Every time I “configure” a computer build, I always end up at a $2800 price-Point. LOL!! That’s why I didn’t link to anything. :)