i1Studio-PC15

< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Write down your settings

It's a very good idea to write down what you did today.  Exactly what settings you used to achieve your great print match.  That way, you won't have to fumble around when it's time to recalibrate next month.

Regular recalibration

After one month has passed, you’ll get the reminder to recalibrate.

When you launch the software, it will check for updates, and notify you if there’s a newer version of the software available.

Then, go ahead and run the calibration process as normal. Use your settings from last time, run the calibration, make any tiny tweaks it tells you to, then check against your prints to make sure everything is still rosy.  I promise it will be very quick.

Did I help?

If you've found these instructions useful, you might feel like buying me a beer. There's a blue "Donate" button at the very bottom of this page.

However, beer is not good for me, and buying me beer is certainly not good for you.  Instead, I hope you'll consider my editing classes.  They'll rock your world, I promise.

• Like 1

Just calibrated again but using the new software; I hadn't updated it in quite a while.  One thing that I would add, if I am correct from what I just experienced, is that after calibrating go into your system settings and check that the color profiles are indeed assigned to the monitor, or in the case of multiple monitors, that each monitor has the correct profile assignment.

Hi D, i have just re-calibrated due to new PC and new Dell monitor, im happy with the colours but i feel like on screen contrast is higher than the prints, i cant see in your instructions how i could combat this? Are you able to help with this please?

10 hours ago, Renski00 said:

Hi D, i have just re-calibrated due to new PC and new Dell monitor, im happy with the colours but i feel like on screen contrast is higher than the prints, i cant see in your instructions how i could combat this? Are you able to help with this please?

Generally this starts with revisiting the brightness.  Are you SURE it's not too high?

possibly, i wouldnt say is obvious though, i know it will look slightly difference because the screen is backlit. Is there something i can try to just compare the 2 profiles?

wen i set up using colour munki the settings i used were 65 then 80, could i play around with these settings? or do i try and just manually adjust my brightness to see if that helps ?