Painted/Illustration look

Hi!

I am trying to achieve this look https://www.facebook.com/monicablissphotography/photos/a.112774646896702/198196905021142/     

I know it's a bunch of dodging and burning, but I feel like there is something else, is it extra sharpening? A high pass layer? I just can't figure it out.  I want that illustrated book look.  I do think that her light is a little flatter, if you think that will help, I will definitely redo the pics, I would like to know how on any photo, because I do see it like that other places. I can't find another good example, but just that illustrated look, with sharp edges, I think. I can't explain, so I can't figure it out!   Thank you!!

test.jpg

I think so, but maybe it just needs to be brightened up a little? Does it look HDR to you, the original? I just feel like I am missing that one thing!! The dodge and burn I got, I just don't know what else it is

Okay, let me see what I can find, I do have another photo I can use.  I searched that photographer's website and I couldn't find any other examples, I am guessing maybe it's a new style she just learned