Which size to save image for client viewing?

I am having a huge brain glitch and have totally forgotten how I should be saving jpeg files to have a wedding client view. I don't have a projector. I will be showing them to her via an online gallery as a wedding is just too much to view in person. Currently, I have been saving them (only about 10 so far so no big deal) as I have in the past for FB the long side 2048px and 72resolution.

Question#1: What size should I be saving the jpegs to for them to view? I'm going to go through my zenfolio website without the ordering option turned on.

Question #2: Should I be watermarking these images to prevent screen shots?

Question #3: Should I share them via dropbox instead of Zenfolio?

Question #4: Does it matter if we are doing wall art or an album as to how I am saving the jpegs?

Question #5: Should I be saving watermarked social media (which I will provide them) at the same time I'm saving the images for them to view?

Thanks so much for your help. I have looked on this site and haven't found the answer. I've tried Uncle Google (love HIM!) but he too, has not shown me the way.

DSC_0081.jpg

26 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question#1: What size should I be saving the jpegs to for them to view? I'm going to go through my zenfolio website without the ordering option turned on.

Does Zenfolio have any guidelines about this?

26 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question #2: Should I be watermarking these images to prevent screen shots?

Yes, absolutely.  Not just down in one corner, either - make sure it's in an uncroppable/uneditable place.

27 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question #3: Should I share them via dropbox instead of Zenfolio?

Whichever has the nicer interface.

28 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question #4: Does it matter if we are doing wall art or an album as to how I am saving the jpegs?

I don't understand this question, sorry.

28 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question #5: Should I be saving watermarked social media (which I will provide them) at the same time I'm saving the images for them to view?

Sorry, I don't understand this one either :(

Ok, Question #4 While trying to restate the question I think I have it down pat now! I don't worry about the size of jpegs because it won't matter because we won't be printing from the jpegs only from the psd files.  Ah hah, it just got brighter in here as I finally realized that I'm trying to make this so much more difficult than it needs to be.

Question #5 Just wondering if I should be saving 2 different files of jpegs to display or only the one for the viewing and then later batch process for the 2048px  72 res for FB down the line.

Question #1 The only info I could find on Zenfolio was for the "about photo" section and that shows that I need a vertical 350x467 px image. I've emailed them to find out if there are other specifications. I'm thinking it would be best to use my site instead of dropbox that way they can view it with others and it is generating traffic to the site. I rarely shoot weddings and normally just do in person sales for the viewing of 25-30 images. I feel a wedding is a bit much to sit though.  Heck I did it as a favor rather than as a client because I really hate shooting weddings.  Wait, I hate editing after weddings.

Thanks for your help.

7 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question #5 Just wondering if I should be saving 2 different files of jpegs to display or only the one for the viewing and then later batch process for the 2048px  72 res for FB down the line.

I'd probably just make one for now.  Do the batching later.

On that subject, are you using this?

8 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

2048px  72 res for FB down the line.

No, not 72 res.  The PPI is completely irrelevant.  It can be 100000000000000 ppi for all it matters.  http://www.damiensymonds.net/art_resolution.html

9 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Question #1 The only info I could find on Zenfolio was for the "about photo" section and that shows that I need a vertical 350x467 px image. I've emailed them to find out if there are other specifications. I'm thinking it would be best to use my site instead of dropbox that way they can view it with others and it is generating traffic to the site. I rarely shoot weddings and normally just do in person sales for the viewing of 25-30 images. I feel a wedding is a bit much to sit though.  Heck I did it as a favor rather than as a client because I really hate shooting weddings.  Wait, I hate editing after weddings

Gee, if it really does need to be that small, maybe you should go for DropBox after all.

However, it doesn't seem right to me.  I'm sure they'll tell you there's a better (larger) size.

• Like 1

Yes I am using the saving action.  I have struggled with trying to set up a watermark but I will revisit that again tonight as I won't edit anything until I hear back from Zenfolio. I wanted it to be my logo but the guy who did my logo didn't send me the png or psd files, just a jpeg and no vector. I love the way it looks and want to duplicate it myself so that I can resize it for hats, shirts, marketing materials and whatnot.

Ok, Won't mess with dpi as it's not relevant. It's coming back to me.

Will only make one file now. Great. I love how batching can completely help!

10 minutes ago, Brink101112 said:

Yes I am using the saving action.  I have struggled with trying to set up a watermark but I will revisit that again tonight as I won't edit anything until I hear back from Zenfolio. I wanted it to be my logo but the guy who did my logo didn't send me the png or psd files, just a jpeg and no vector.

Gosh, how annoying!

On 7/17/2016 at 5:20 PM, Damien Symonds said:

I'd probably just make one for now.  Do the batching later.

On that subject, are you using this?

No, not 72 res.  The PPI is completely irrelevant.  It can be 100000000000000 ppi for all it matters.  http://www.damiensymonds.net/art_resolution.html

Gee, if it really does need to be that small, maybe you should go for DropBox after all.

However, it doesn't seem right to me.  I'm sure they'll tell you there's a better (larger) size.

On 7/17/2016 at 5:33 PM, Brink101112 said:

Yes I am using the saving action.  I have struggled with trying to set up a watermark but I will revisit that again tonight as I won't edit anything until I hear back from Zenfolio. I wanted it to be my logo but the guy who did my logo didn't send me the png or psd files, just a jpeg and no vector. I love the way it looks and want to duplicate it myself so that I can resize it for hats, shirts, marketing materials and whatnot.

Ok, Won't mess with dpi as it's not relevant. It's coming back to me.

Will only make one file now. Great. I love how batching can completely help!

I've tried making a watermark using your course. Dang it all if I just can't understand how to get my custom shape (which I have saved as PNG) to be able to add that to my lettering.  Is there a way that I can add my own custom shape which I currently have on my log to the new one.  That is what I was given when I asked someone to make it for me. I love the swirls, I've changed the font because it looks like that overdone script that is out everywhere in crafty projects.  I just deleted the script (no idea how to get different colors but I just want to be able to add it to what I have currently.  The last one is what I have right now.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

logoclear.png

Untitled-1.png

Screenshot 2016-07-25 16.40.32.png

Ok, So I made the logo the way that I want it now. I saved it as a PSD. Now I have no idea how to get this onto my photos. What am I missing here? Also would I be able to save this puppy as a vector so that I'll be able to use it in marketing materials and whatnot?  I really appreciate your patience. For some reason I'm just really blown away at how I just am not grasping the watermark concept. I've put off editing a silly wedding because of this for goodness sake.  Ok, no I put it off because I'll find virtually anything aside from editing to do...oh the windows need cleaning outside, I'm in a cast still....sure, I'll go out and do it! :)  Then again, I know that I've learned tons of information from your classes so I'll keep coming back!!! Time to hit the sack for the night.

logoclear.jpg

Oh man, Robbie, you've been struggling with this for almost a year now!  :(

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195567190503489/permalink/979898715403662/

If you could answer Damien's question about transparency (and maybe also show us a screenshot of your logo PSD with all of its layers), hopefully we can finally sort this out for you.

Christina, the problem is that when I was given the logo/watermark I was given the psd file but there are no layers on it. 

Damien, If it has the checkerboard squares on it, yes it does.

Now, I have people telling me that not only is it a crappy dated graphic that it will be "horrible to try to use because the graphics are  "open ended" so it will be hard for commercial printing" I'm just about ready to scream! Maybe I do need a different more run of the mill graphic?