Evening out background color

seepea

I find the different shades of green in the background to be distracting.  I'd like to even out the color a bit.  What would be your preferred method for doing that?

6718hummingbirdmoth_over6_fb.jpg

Yes, I did get your emails, thank you.  Glad I didn't miss the new module in the Print Sharpening Class--it was very helpful.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I will print this photo or not.  I run into this issue quite a bit, though, so I would like to learn how to do it as if the photo would be printed. I have been using cloning to soften the transition between the different greens and new layers to lighten and darken areas.  Never completely thrilled with the results though.  Thought I'd ask if you have a better way.

Oh yes, the pink flowers are exactly why I'm not sure I would print this.  Sadly, these are the flowers this moth loves best, so I'm having trouble getting a printable photo.  I'll play with the background using your suggestion--thank you!

Thank you for this technique.  I detest careful masking, so I used several solid layers to just even out the background a bit.  

6718hummingbirdmoth_over6_fbfixedbackground.jpg

6718hummingbirdmoth_over6_fbfixedbackground.jpg

Edited by seepea
  • Like 1