The other sliders in ACR on the noise reduction

I was reading your noise reduction article and you mention the color and luminance sliders but what about the 2 sliders under those?

so it's the detail & contrast under luminance, and detail & smoothness under color.

do you have any helpful articles for getting started with those, what they do, what not to do, best way to use them?

Also how do I know how much I should sharpen in ACR? Am I supposed to even sharpen in ACR? I've been "eye-balling" it up to now which has "worked" but I'd love to know the correct way to do things ?

2 minutes ago, Jamie Thompson-Roush said:

I was reading your noise reduction article and you mention the color and luminance sliders but what about the 2 sliders under those?

The really only come into play with VERY noisy images.  The ones where you've had to push the Luminance slider above 90.

Then, aggressively swing the other sliders both ways, to see the full impact of their adjustment.  Like a slowing pendulum, gradually your swinging will become smaller as you zero in on your preferred value.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Thompson-Roush said:

Also how do I know how much I should sharpen in ACR? Am I supposed to even sharpen in ACR? I've been "eye-balling" it up to now which has "worked" but I'd love to know the correct way to do things ?

Sorry, I can't discuss that here.  You'll learn all about it in the Raw Class.