Cropping

Hi! Thank you for responding! I already read that article! While it was helpful, I still don’t understand how to crop AFTER editing without losing so many pixels. I didn’t crop THAT much and it dropped drastically when I exported at 100% quality in jpeg. 

The very nature of cropping is deleting pixels.  That's why we do it.  Cropping (removing parts of a photo) has been part of printing for as long as photography has existed.  It's completely normal, and absolutely nothing to stress about.

Maybe you could show me some screenshots to explain your concerns?  A screenshot before cropping, and after.

Sorry I missed this part. I print up to 8x10 and have printed canvases personally, but not for clients.  I will be able to get u a photo of the “before” in the morning!  Sorry, a fellow photographer on a fb page told me she crops in photoshop without diminishing the file size and referred me to you.  This is where my confusion is coming into play.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea.corrine said:

Sorry I missed this part. I print up to 8x10

Do your prints match your screen exactly?  Because the photo you posted above is grossly dark, and I went to your page, and almost ALL the photos are grossly dark.  I very much fear your screen is badly too bright.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea.corrine said:

Sorry, a fellow photographer on a fb page told me she crops in photoshop without diminishing the file size

She's either pulling your leg, or not telling you the whole story.  Either way, it's BS.

I haven’t printed my clients photos.  My personal ones I have taken with my camera do match, but I don’t edit them the same. They have just been ones I have taken on a field.   Not the same as the ones you say are grossly dark.  Yes they matched.

I just got this Mac it’s a 2017, how do u suggest getting it calibrated?  How light do u recommend editing the photos? The photos look the same on my phone as they do on my computer.. I’m happy with the result as are my clients... how much lighter should it be so the look I’m going for makes us happy as well as printing?