< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Display Technology

This step is really important, so read the info and make your decision wisely.  I would say that the majority of screens out there in the world are “Standard LED”, but yours might be different.

sxp11.thumb.png.91c46d014de03686b1d96508756ad0f0.png

If you need help in deciding what technology your screen has, please comment below and I'll try to help out.

Message >>

Hi Damien, struggling to calibrate a BENQ GL2780-B.

From reading the Spec' I think it might be a GB-LED type - is this right?  Also - there is an sRGB display mode - should this be set...after resetting everything else?

I print my own images using a Canon Pro-100S printer - and comparing with the monitor they are slightly darker, so adjusted brightness of monitor down to almost 0 before I could get them looking similar.

Phil 

5 hours ago, PhilAJ said:

From reading the Spec' I think it might be a GB-LED type - is this right?

No, I don't think so.  From my reading, it's just Standard LED.

Also - there is an sRGB display mode - should this be set

No, never choose this mode.  It's too restrictive to your monitor, it tries to force it to an artificially small gamut.

I print my own images using a Canon Pro-100S printer - and comparing with the monitor they are slightly darker, so adjusted brightness of monitor down to almost 0 before I could get them looking similar.

Your stupid home prints are irrelevant.  You MUST have pro lab prints for monitor confirmation.

17 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Standard LED.

It's a pretty rubbish screen :(  Hopefully you'll find room in your budget for a better one before too long.

Yeah, I had to choose new lens or new screen and I went with the lens. I'll be looking for something new when budget allows. Thank you for the quick response.