ACR keeps crashing, needs update but updates keep failing?

I’m sorry, I know this is an Adobe question but you guys always give way better responses than general software help desks. 

My Adobe CC app tells me that Photoshop and Camera Raw need updating. I try to click update and it repeatedly tells me “update failed.” So because I just have something simple I need to just do Raw editing quick and get done I just use Bridge to get to Camera Raw without the update. But of course, ACR keeps crashing my whole computer. It just freezes the whole thing. 

I tried logging out of Adobe and relogging in as I recently changed my account email address. I also restarted my computer. I’m just not sure if there’s something simple/dumb I’m over looking? 

Ok, so apparently the fix was:

Post your dumb question here just so 2 minutes later it would start downloading the updates. 

See, I knew posting this would be helpful! 

No really, sorry to bother you. I would delete this entire post if I knew how! ?

Ok, so this is not a fair question for me right now. So I plead the 5th. LOL! 

But for your peace of mind, Brian helped me get squared away with my computer last year after having photoshop freezing problems.  I majorly upgraded my RAM (maxed it out), freed up my hard drive and external drive storage and I was doing awesome, no issues. 

But at this exact moment I'm right in the middle of putting together the yearbook for my kids school so my external hard drive is getting hit a bit harder than normal with all the photos I'm taking in from teachers and families.  But honest, I will clean it up once I get everything done and uploaded to the yearbook website.  But I really don't think that was the problem. My computer was fine while working in photoshop and every other program on it but the second I tried to work in ACR it crapped out on me every time. I've used it since it finally updated and it has worked beautifully...so far...but given my recent history, the very posting of this will probably send me back here in another 2 minutes and I'll be groveling.

Stepping away from the computer, slowly...

Ok, I'm actually glad you made me do this.

I have a Mac desktop running Mojave (10.14.6) and Photoshop 21.2.6. It is over 2 years old, and has 64GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 123GB free out of 250GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I have never run a cleanup program.

Because I put in 64GB of RAM because that's what's in there but then I noticed this...shit.  I replaced the RAM but only 2 of the 4 are even working at the moment.  This happened once before with on of my slots but with help from the company (QWC) , I was able to fix it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 11.47.19 PM.png