Hi Damien,

This image will be a 16x16 wrapped canvas. It's currently a 2:3 ratio. I order through simply color and they will wrap the border and stretch the bottom so his shoes don't wrap.

Question: do I crop this to 16x16 or 20x20 before placing? or drag out the handles like in your canvas post? http://www.damiensymonds.net/tut_canvas.html

I sharpen based on the 16x16 dimension correct? (I'm in print sharpening class)

Thanks!

p.s. I looked through every topic on canvas and couldn't find my answer. 

damien.jpg

no, I don't. they have a video on how to do it but I don't know if their retouchers use that technique. 

This client ordered 6 canvases and I'm going to have palpitations until they arrive!

If they really do stretch it, then it means you have to leave them some area to stretch.  Eg give them an inch to stretch into two inches.  But if you don't know exactly how much to allow, then all your questions about sizing and sharpening are completely moot.

DON'T trust them with this important task.  Do it yourself.

ok I think I figured out how to do it myself. Simply Color says to leave a 2 inch border on each side. my question still is:

do I crop the picture before putting in the 20x20 template or drag it in and enlarge it? (I'm ordering as 16x16)

I sharpen based on the 16x16 dimension correct?

can I post on the forum to connect with other people who ordered thru simply color?

thanks much!

Yes. Though I may need them to do a side for me. It's a 16x16. They want a 2 inch border on all sides. They offer a template that's 20x20.

Thanks!