ACR Only

Misha

Not really sure where to ask this question, hopefully this is an okay spot.

I've been hired/tasked to do some very basic lifestyle-type photos for a company that wants to use the images for their blog. Most of the photos used end up just being thumbnails. I am not tagged or credited in the photos in any way (which in this scenario, I'm 100% okay with). It is great passive income, but as their expectations for actual image quality and "bang" is low, along with the compensation, I'm not wanting to spend a ton of time on these photos (the expectation is that I deliver about 30 or so per session, and I'd love to bang that out in an hour or less). Saying all that... I don't want to expend the time taking each photo through the normal RAW process and into PS for levels. Is it crazy to edit photos just in ACR? Do you ever advise this or have info/insight on it? I thought I saw somewhere where you discussed it, but of course now I can't find it. 

Not crazy at all.  I mean, it's a bit hard to let photos go that you know aren't as good as they can be, but it's what we have to do sometimes.

Generally you'd do the ACR editing the same as normal, then at the last minute, increase the Contrast slider.  Also be generous with Clarity.

• Thanks 1

Second question, actually, as far as sharpening - would I just run the photos through PS/image processor? Is there a way to resize/sharpen them for web that way rather than opening each individual photo?