Removing Wordpress

Hey Brian, I have my new website all coded and ready to upload.  I'm ready to purge stupid Wordpress from my life.

I wrote to DreamHost to ask their advice about removing it.  This is what they said:

Since the WordPress install on 'damiensymonds.net' was done via the
one-click installer, you can navigate back to the one-click installer
page and in your "manage applications" you can delete the current
WordPress one-click install. Details and steps to delete WordPress via
the one-click installer can be referenced here -
https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215916107

Just checking to see if you have any wisdom to add to this.

You might want to give everyone a head's up that the website might be down for a bit, this might be messy.

Do you have all of your various articles backed up? (Another Backup Link) All of those tutorials & WTB things? Or does the new website have everything moved over and you are looking to "Nuke" the existing WordPress site? If you are just looking to nuke everything, those instructions are pretty good and it shouldn't affect the forum side of things at all.

I've re-made every.single.page.  It's taken ages, but I'm so happy I've done it.

But there are some folders on the server - eg damiensymonds.net/actions or whatever - that can stay exactly as they are.  I certainly don't want to nuke the WHOLE server.  I just want to remove wordpress, then start uploading my files to replace the site.

You might have to reload those actions (or whatever.) This caught my eye:

If this is where you've installed your One-Click, be very careful when deleting it in the panel. If you delete the One-Click stored in your primary web directory, ALL FILES in the web directory and all sub-directories are deleted. This means that if you have any subdirectories like example.com/images or example.com/blog, those are also deleted.

Try it.

We can always restore if needed. Honestly, since there are two sides, "Forum" and "Website," the Forum should stay intact. "The ask.damiensymonds" part of your website should be left alone as it's in a different folder. The damiensymonds.net/actions or damiensymonds.net/tutorials, etc. THAT IS THE STUFF will also more than likely be deleted.

• Like 1