Hi Damien,

I am cutting a portrait out of it's background and I looked at your 'replacing a background behind hair' article but the hair in my image is light grey and the background is blackish.  Is there another method I can use (the hair is super wispy as well).

I spent the last hour trying to follow the above method and using a white background instead of a sky but I couldn't get the halo to go away and I just deleted my efforts.  Here is the photo (after raw processing).  

2Z4A0643.jpg

This is my cut out image so actually this method probably wouldn't work anyway right....  with cut outs, I select them and then mask around the hair but the hair is so wispy I just can't get what's left to look natural.  After selection I save to png which gives my clients their cut out.

Yes sorry, my bad.  I realised somewhere along my last comment (ie after you mentioned which background I was going to use - that actually I'm not going to use one).  I just need to select the guy and his wispy hair and remove the background.  Sorry for not being specific.