ACR downgrade not playing nicely with Bridge

17 minutes ago, Lorie said:

(we're technically not supposed to USE RAW functionality)

Who is imposing this stupid rule?

18 minutes ago, Lorie said:

send the 5 x 7 jpegs out. If there is no way I can hold onto the aspect ratio in RAW

Can you explain the problem some more?

Look, it's really easy.  You just open your batch of files into ACR (either jpegs or raws) then select them all, go to the crop tool and choose "5x7".  It crops them all at once, but of course crops them all with a generic central crop.  So then you quickly click through the whole set, adjusting the crop location for each one.

It honestly could NOT be any faster.  It's definitely no slower than the old version.

Foolish? I'm just trying to do my job. If you can help me figure out a way to hold onto an aspect-ratio in ACR my life will be golden. Do you have a workaround in ACR 2021?

The media does not want manipulated files. I have to get it right in camera, with some allowance for crops and levels

The media does not want manipulated files. I have to get it right in camera, with some allowance for crops and levels. I am not a portrait photographer, I don't get paid to make people look pretty. I'm paid to show reality. To the best of my ability I get the settings right in camera, including white balance. 

1 hour ago, Lorie said:

Foolish? I'm just trying to do my job. If you can help me figure out a way to hold onto an aspect-ratio in ACR my life will be golden. Do you have a workaround in ACR 2021?

I already told you how it works in ACR2021!

The media does not want manipulated files.

How do they know?

6 hours ago, Lorie said:

Here it is, step by step.

First, open a whole lot of jpegs into ACR (as many as your computer can handle, this varies from computer to computer.  Hit Cmd A to select all of them:

5x7-1.thumb.jpg.131a5b2ce14dec2005cfb575606ce9c6.jpg

Then go to the Crop Tool, and choose 5x7 in the drop-down.  Immediately this crops ALL of the images to 5x7:

5x7-2.thumb.jpg.bf8318905e13efeb21b316e812e1c74a.jpg

Then quickly click on them one by one to check that you're happy with the crops, and modify if you're not:

5x7-3.thumb.jpg.586015421d8e7687dd7d695081dd2f64.jpg

It's SO much faster than the old way of manually dragging the crop marquee for each photo.

14 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

What a load of crap.

I thought you'd say that. It's the general consensus among those of us who must live by those rules. 

On 5/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Oh geez, that's REALLY dangerous.  Don't do that.

So... download thousands of images to the disk?