Graphics

Hi Brian,

So, as you may already know, the new Ps update is being stupid. My Ps wasn't working right and I came across a YT video where it suggested disabling the on board graphics and now it is fine (so far). Two questions though. Does the video memory get combined (graphics card + on board) when working on PS? I ask because I have a GT730 card (I know, I'm broke), but apparently the Vega 11 graphics on board of my PC seem to be better.

Am I just better of uninstalling that card and work directly off of on board?

No. Chances are, the on-board video shares the Video Memory with the RAM. This is not ideal. Have you tried updating the Graphics Card Drivers?

The separate video card, in this case the GT730 graphics card, should have it's own dedicated video memory.

Before I send you down the wrong path, what make/model computer is this graphics card installed in? If it's a Dell, chances are we will need to use the Dell Drivers, which are probably severely out of date.

• Like 1

Did the update and the issue still is there. For now, disabling on board works.

Safe to assume that I need a new/better card?

Edited by Gera

1 hour ago, Brian said:

No. Chances are, the on-board video shares the Video Memory with the RAM. This is not ideal. Have you tried updating the Graphics Card Drivers?

The separate video card, in this case the GT730 graphics card, should have it's own dedicated video memory.

Before I send you down the wrong path, what make/model computer is this graphics card installed in? If it's a Dell, chances are we will need to use the Dell Drivers, which are probably severely out of date.

HP Pavilion 590-p0044
AMD Ryzen5-2400G (Raven Ridge)
32GB RAM
512GB SSD