Shalea Spyder X Elite

Hi Damien, sorry im so bad with technology! The part where you need to check your screens brightness (im using a PC) my display options doesn't have a section where I can select screen brightness. Is it staring me??

screenshot.png

34 minutes ago, shalea said:

Hi Damien, sorry im so bad with technology! The part where you need to check your screens brightness (im using a PC) my display options doesn't have a section where I can select screen brightness. Is it staring me??

screenshot.png

Only laptop screens use this Display Options window to adjust brightness.  And yours isn't a laptop screen.

Oh wow! I have been driving myself crazy wondering how I adjust my screen brightness!! So Brightness is set at 100%, Contrast 75% and Sharpness 60%. Do i need to adjust this yet? Or just keep going with the calibration instructions? Could this be why you said my photos are so dark? (insert embarrassed face)

I'm not sure why my reply isn't showing from today? Perhaps I thought I posted it but it didn't work. Anyway I didn't continue with calibrating because I haven't received my prints yet from the photoshop and I read that you said not to continue until I have them ?

Hi Damien, just wanting to check if my photos are still too dark? Not sure if I am allowed to post this here or not, but genuinely want feedback after calibrating. Thanks. (I have just started the RAW class so please bare with me in terms of editing)

_MG_6587.jpg

Edited by shalea

Page 26 of the manual you attached above is for my stupid Samsung screen I can't figure out why I can't change the RGB anymore when calibrating my screen. Only brightness/contrast is displayed but I used to be able to adjust the colours. HELP 😵

I tried taking out the Display Port cable and reconnecting it. I tried also shutting down and restarting and now the only thing that will work on the joystick is the volume. I don't even get the option to change contrast anymore. How to I set the monitor back to factory settings when nothing will work on the joystick? I thought it may be my cable that needs replacing but the lady at the repair store seems to think it most likely isn't the cord as it's still connecting to my pc and working. Not sure what else to do? Take it in for repairs? I would like to try and trouble shoot it myself incase its  something I can fix myself