What rentals and new equipment?!

BrittneyA

Brian, 

You're welcome! I love that movie and Lt. Dan! Soooo, am I Forrest? Lol, what a great quote. Yes, I did set it to -1! I hope there aren't a lot of glares to work out. I'm looking up editing techniques right now. I know Damien is the pro, but she wants 3-4 photos today! I said okay... So I'm trying to look into that. I can always use my old techniques, but this experience has made me want to learn more and more. I do plan to invest in classes etc! I'll send you the photos I plan to send over once they're done, and you can give me your opinion! 

Talk soon! 

Brian, 

Hey! I've been exhausted!! LOL. I hope you're doing well. I did a couple 4th of July mini shoots with that lens and flash yesterday! I have to send it back today, I believe.. BOOO! So I'll send you what I have edited so far. The flash and indoors is just hard. I'm hoping to learn asap.. I know you don't focus on editing.. but maybe you can give me a couple of tips. I know I'll have to post for Damien.. I just prefer the one-on-one conversation without everyone else butting in. I have so many more photos, obviously. But these are a few that I lightly edited. The bride said she liked them. She didn't say she loved them though. She is a texter, and doesn't get very expressive via text. But if it was my wedding, if I loved them I'd say, "Oh I love them!! Thank you so much!!" She said, "Thank you. I like them." ?

Hopefully she does, but this is why I'm here. I don't know how much time I can take with classes. I have to get them edited as soon as I can. I do plan to take the classes, though. Okay, here they are.. Then I'll send some more that aren't edited later. Thanks. 

Brittney

pd1.jpg

pd2.jpg

pd3.jpg

pd4.jpg

pd5.jpg

10 hours ago, BrittneyA said:

but maybe you can give me a couple of tips. I know I'll have to post for Damien.

You are going to have to straighten most of these photos, but that comes at the end of editing. That's all I'm going to say. The answers you seek are contained within the Raw Class and Levels class. Sorry, I'm not intruding on Damien's Turf. We both give a lot of information away for free; Damien does need to make a living with his classes.

I will say the overall exposure gives you enough to work with, and I'm glad you rented that flash. You needed it for these shots. Are they "Iconic?" No. So don't look for the OMG!! I Heart Them, Swoons from people on Facebook, I HashTag LoveLoveLove them!!! SQUEEEE!!! That shit comes later. ;) You need time, practice and experience before it will feed your ego. As long as the photos are sharp and well-exposed, that's all that matters. Accurate Skin Tones too, of course...that's the Skin Class.

The biggest thing before diving into Damien's Classes is to get your screen calibrated and matching against a set of physical prints. That's the important part. I also can say your screen is probably a bit too bright and the shadows are a little too dark. Again, covered in the Raw Class and learning how to read the Histogram in ACR.

Brian, 

Thanks. Should I post one of these? These are "edited" slightly.. Or should I post an original? I'm FREAKING OUT... Do these seem to be in focus?? I know they could be better. This was one of the hardest shoots in my life lol. THANK GOODNESS you helped me as much as you did. I'll send more tomorrow.. Just so you can see. I'll send some originals. Gosh I wish you'd give advice and tips! I'd totally pay you for it. I feel like you're my GO-TO person now.. and I'm a loyalist. HAHA. I wish Damien would talk to me privately like you do. Someone said I can batch edit. That doesn't seem likely.. lol. I just want to make them look so much better than this. Honest answer.. 1-10, 1 being these suck and I should give a refund and never do wedding photos again. 10 being they're flipping fantastic, how would you rate them? Maybe 1-100 is better? You won't offend me.. 

Okay, so I will post on Ask Damien.. With reservations. Lol. And I'll take Kim's class. I have SO much to do, I'm not sure which order to do it all in. I just know that I need to get these edited.. Thank you so much, as always. You're the best. I've been referring people to Ask Damien, and mention you with gear questions. Why don't you charge for your advice? You totally could. But I am so grateful. :) 

Talk soon! 

Brittney

Focus seems to be fine. Zooms are zooms, they aren't as sharp as Primes, but during this Wedding you experienced the benefits to having a Zoom Lens. 

Post here on the Website, silly!! I think Damien has his groups setup like I do, where only the OP and one of the Admins can chime in. It keeps the masses with their un-wanted opinions at bay. But like I said, he teaches this stuff and has classes for you to learn.

@Damien Symonds - Paging Damien to the front desk. Can you give a quick assessment to the photos above? I'm sure she needs to get calibrated and take the Raw Class 1st.

Okay, at least not as blurry as I was before! At least they're "usable".. That is a start.. Thank  you! I have many more photos I can send.. I will post here! (And the website). I think I'm just stressed and tired lol. I really want to do a good job. I'm SO HAPPY I found you guys. :) 

~Brittney

I should add that in that close up of the bride and groom, I used the clone stamp tool to attempt to remove glare from the groom's glasses.. I hope it looks okay... Some photos look pretty hard. I'm glad he removed them for at least a couple photos.. He kept his hat on though! 

Okay, thanks. I'll post in that section when I can. What about questions about asking for editing advice? Like HOW to make them look as good as they can? I know that Damien has classes, and I plan to take them. I just want to ask the right questions in the right section. Thanks. :)