I will ask, what is the correct way to resize images? for facebook? web? I am also sending off an image to a magazine that has a maximum file size of 5mb. I don't care how silly I sound, I don't know how its done properly and I want to learn.

14 minutes ago, Gingersnaps said:

I will ask, what is the correct way to resize images? for facebook? web?

For Facebook, the optimum size is 2048px on the longest edge (either high or wide).  For other websites, you'd need to investigate to find out their optimum size.  Use the Image Size function.

In this example I'm preparing a photo for Facebook, and it's a portrait (tall) photo, so 2048 is my height:

temp.png.055c617cdaaafd76cf6b49d3143b8d54.png

It's really important to have the "Resample" box checked, and set to "Bicubic (smooth gradients)" as I have done here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gingersnaps said:

I am also sending off an image to a magazine that has a maximum file size of 5mb.

This is a different matter, and it's never easy.

Did they give any other specifications?  About resolution, or colour space, or anything like that?

4 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

This is a different matter, and it's never easy.

Did they give any other specifications?  About resolution, or colour space, or anything like that?

no, just Jpeg at a maximum size of 5mb. I got it down to 5 by just changing the pixel dimensions on the long side until the image was the required size.