Stephie

Hi Damien, I hope this is the correct place to post.  

I have calibrated using the SpyderX Pro and followed your instructions very carefully.  I am battling with my environment a little (for too many reason to explain) but for now I am limited to using a MacBook Pro M1 (I will get a consistent space / lighting eventually).  I calibrated in a room with all the blinds closed. When I checked my images in a well evenly lit space with lots of natural light I feel overall quite happy with the result but even in great daylight I can tell something is off.  I have re-tried the calibration but feeling a little lost.  I printed via a ProLab in Australia (The Edge)

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.09.10 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.09.23 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.09.59 am.png

I did yes, after the first attempt didn't seem to match I tried at 6500K. I don't know if I am off the mark but when I tried 6500K I see more magenta on my screen than my print. I'm here to learn and get this right.

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 7.36.05 am.png

I started from scratch again today, and then tried your tip of moving around and in some angles in my home (where light is coming in direct to the print and screen from the window it's a very close match! But does this mean my editing is going to be really tricky to achieve a good result in printing if I have to find this specific light? ?

(Sorry my photo doesn't quite reflect what I see, my screen doesn't look this cool to the naked eye)

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 11.00.54 am.png

Edited by Stephie83

1 hour ago, Stephie83 said:

But does this mean my editing is going to be really tricky to achieve a good result in printing if I have to find this specific light?

It definitely does mean that, yes.  You're going to need to be SO careful.