Lens crack creates line in sky

Taryn Johnson

Noticed my lens has a crack in it, dangit. Love taking landscape pictures and, until I can get a new lens, I'll mostly be using this one. How can I fix the line (and in any other images that show it)? I'll also be fixing the water spots and a few missing pixels. Thanks so much!

IMG_8487 SOOR.jpg

Those spots on the lower left are usually caused by dust on the sensor. Though it could be particles in the lens, my gut is telling my you need to use a Rocket Blower and clean that sensor. For the crack, content aware could work. So could cloning. I've used the patch tool in the past to remove telephone lines in my landscape photos. That diagonal line isn't that much different. It's all the same theory.

What lens are you using in this photo? If you need replacement recommendations, be sure to post your question in "The DSLR Bistro" forum in "Ask Brian."

Ahhh, I see. There had been some snow on my ND filter so I assumed it was water marks that I didn't get off. I think you're right though about dust on the sensor. I'll use my Rocket Blower and see if that does the trick. 

I tried cloning the crack before but couldn't seem to get it right. I did cloning again this time for the crack, dust, and pixels. 

This image I used a Sigma 35 art 1.4. I'll be sure to check out that forum, thanks!

Thanks for the help! :)

IMG_8487.jpg

Edited by Taryn Johnson